Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 69
Like Tree27Likes
  1. #21  
    We got a Sprint Pre (WebOs 1) activated and running last night. Trying to get the App Catalog working correctly. It remembered and synced to an old Palm profile! It remembers all the apps but can't update through the catalog. We think it's due to the Catalog patch from 2013, but not sure, any ideas?
  2. #22  
    I'm also last minute. Actually I haven't used my webOS units for a while and almost forgot that this was the last chance.

    I can open the app catalog and browse apps, but I get a download failed error when I try to download. I don't know if the catalog is shutting down or if there is a problem on my end. I don't have time to check for errors.

    Current time is here in Norway is 22:10 CET+1
    Living in Norway, currently owning a Touchpad 32GB that mostly show the clock, a working Pre 3 in a drawer, a dead Pre 3, a dead Pre and a working Palm m515.
  3. #23  
    I just downloaded an app about 15 minutes ago to confirm it's still operational. Not sure why.
  4. dwc
    dwc is offline
    dwc's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Navelfluff View Post
    I'm also last minute. Actually I haven't used my webOS units for a while and almost forgot that this was the last chance.

    I can open the app catalog and browse apps, but I get a download failed error when I try to download. I don't know if the catalog is shutting down or if there is a problem on my end. I don't have time to check for errors.

    Current time is here in Norway is 22:10 CET+1
    Check your device's timestamp. Clock skew is likely causing your issue. If not, then you need the root certificate update. HP to issue root certificate fix, ensure continued access to webOS cloud services | webOS Nation
    NickM99 likes this.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwc View Post
    Check your device's timestamp. Clock skew is likely causing your issue. If not, then you need the root certificate update. HP to issue root certificate fix, ensure continued access to webOS cloud services | webOS Nation
    Tanks for the tip, but it seems the problem is with my palm/hp profile. Unfortunately I don't have time to fix it now. :-(
  6. #26  
    0027 GMT 16th March

    I just downloaded leodarts!
  7. #27  
    a funny (not really) thing happened just before leaving the house 30 min ago. I went to my TP to check Facebook. Noticed the device was in airplane mode. Switched to WiFi, checked Facebook, and set the tablet back on the charger. Heard a series of beeps as I walked away. Went back to it to find it nearly completely wiped! Internet and phone apps. Some system. Nothing else. I thought, "I have all my ipk's, but I'm so done with this device." went for my coat, then came back to have one last look. All apps were back... Although not in the order. Haven't checked functionality or for data loss yet.

    I've got enough stress elsewhere, thank you...but not switching platforms anytime soon.

    (greetings from Asbury Park on a Pre3)
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    I would expect a shutdown to occur on Monday morning, a few hours after HP data center opens in whichever time zone it's located.

    Get your last free downloads now. Don't forget to switch off your backup so it's not trying to phone home in vain.
    I went to turn off my automatic backup and the only options were "Turn Off And Erase Backup" and "Keep Backup On". Even though the server shutdown is inevitable, I couldn't bring myself to hit the one that says "Erase" :-(

    Has anyone else done it?
  9. #29  
    P.S.: Do we know if our devices will get hung if they try to backup and can't reach the server?
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo View Post
    I went to turn off my automatic backup and the only options were "Turn Off And Erase Backup" and "Keep Backup On". Even though the server shutdown is inevitable, I couldn't bring myself to hit the one that says "Erase" :-(

    Has anyone else done it?
    I did this yesterday with no problems at all. It just flips the Backup switch to OFF.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickM99 View Post
    I did this yesterday with no problems at all. It just flips the Backup switch to OFF.
    Yeah, but then it probably erases your backup on the server, right?
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo View Post
    Yeah, but then it probably erases your backup on the server, right?
    The way the message is worded, that is the impression it gives. I did the same on my devices that are signed in to my profile. (Actually Alan and I were discussing it and decided to do it).
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo View Post
    P.S.: Do we know if our devices will get hung if they try to backup and can't reach the server?
    I doubt it. It should just abort, but it will save the generated backup file, and I'm not sure if they accumulate. Best to turn backup off once the servers do shut down.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo View Post
    Yeah, but then it probably erases your backup on the server, right?
    Yes, but we're losing that anyway when HP pulls the plug.
    What I meant was, switching off (and erasing the backup) was trouble-free.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickM99 View Post
    Yes, but we're losing that anyway when HP pulls the plug.
    What I meant was, switching off (and erasing the backup) was trouble-free.
    Yeah, I've just been in denial and not willing to face the reality of this :-(

    So sad. Stupid HP
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo View Post
    I went to turn off my automatic backup and the only options were "Turn Off And Erase Backup" and "Keep Backup On". Even though the server shutdown is inevitable, I couldn't bring myself to hit the one that says "Erase" :-(

    Has anyone else done it?

    Turned my back up off like a year ago.

    If you turned it off, you could have turned it back on and created a new backup any time. Until today!

    Well, probably tomorrow around 8am PDT.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
  17. #37  
    OK, So if one has an unactivated brand-new touchpad... what options are there now? :-S
  18. #38  
    Status -- Have three TouchPads bought during fire sale, one used weekly, one 'bricked' for year-plus, one unopened until Friday night (03/13/2015).

    Fought with bricked one off-and-on for past two months, two button, three button, OEM charger, 1A/2.1A/2.4A/2.6A chargers, connect to PC, two hour to two day charging/connection, cylon light/no cylon light (did not use WebOS Doctor) -- no luck. New one still in shipping box to Friday night, seals never cut, never charged, handled, etc. and expecting issues getting running.

    Let both charge with OEM chargers & cylon light while at Saturday dinner and both came alive with very low batteries. While new one charging, fought through App Catalog issue and got working (reset App Catalog to initial version; reset date to 07-01-2013; while in Catalog, downloaded Catalog patch; reset to network time; shutdown/startup; Software Manager updated App Catalog; everything downloaded from there).

    Binge downloaded free apps Sunday night+ on all three TouchPads. All apps downloaded and installed with no known errors.

    App Catalog connecting at 2:30am Mar 16 2015 MST(AZ) - querying, filtering app lists. Last download of apps 2:14am.

    C'est La Vie.
  19. #39  
    mmmm didn't turn off the backup yet. So is it really better to do it ?
  20. #40  
    Backup working @ 16:45 - Indian Standard Time (GMT +5:30)!!!!!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Veer at Best Buy on the 15th?
    By VCI_Cell in forum HP Veer
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05/09/2011, 05:43 PM
  2. 1.4 UK 15th feb
    By djuvee in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02/14/2010, 08:44 AM
  3. No March 15th Release Date
    By lastdetailwd in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 205
    Last Post: 03/07/2009, 08:05 AM
  4. Treo 700P out Tomorrow March 15th?
    By Stihl in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 03/16/2006, 12:35 PM
  5. Can someone please clarify Oct 15th
    By Ayrow in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10/07/2003, 02:44 PM

Posting Permissions