Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By TJs11thPre
  • 1 Post By TJs11thPre
  • 1 Post By zer0nix
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I was won over by the LG Nexus 5. Inductive charging, flicking away apps, and it's very responsive, lots of apps, and does Pandora Bluetooth integration much better than my Pre3 did.

I miss the community and some of the apps, and I was wondering if anyone has a list of developers who make (or made) webOS apps, who also make Android apps.

If not, I'll do some digging and put something together myself. Thanks!
    I released a version of SynerGV 1 (the self contained app) for Android.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I know Hedami (Music Player Remix) also released some things for Android. I'm sure there are more, but I'm not on the "dark side" to check. EnyoJS.com used to have an App Galery with apps created in Enyo and on which platform they were released. Not sure that's still there after the makeover of the site though. Yes it seems it's still there: http://apps.enyojs.com/

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Powernap and Checkbook are there.
    Doctoring or resetting, here's a checklist!
    Quote Originally Posted by ashi View Post
    I was won over by the LG Nexus 5. Inductive charging, flicking away apps, and it's very responsive, lots of apps, and does Pandora Bluetooth integration much better than my Pre3 did!
    How are you flicking away apps on android? What version are you using? Do you only mean the recent app screen in KK 4.x?
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    ashi likes this.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    How are you flicking away apps on android? What version are you using? Do you only mean the recent app screen in KK 4.x?
    Yes, the recent apps screen in Kitkat 4.4.4. Flick 'em away to the left or the right.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashi View Post
    Yes, the recent apps screen in Kitkat 4.4.4. Flick 'em away to the left or the right.
    My android phone friends keep that page loaded with partially open apps. I am constantly closing everything because I feel this thing gets sluggish too often. But im pretty certain it is one of the few things Duarte brought from webos to droid. It's a decent runner up to our cards.

Which makes me wonder why no webos -> android Dev hasn't made a really accurate skin and launcher that mimics webos to the letter, on the surface even if it can't underneath. Seems all the pieces are there and just need to be put in one app. Idk...
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    ashi likes this.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    My android phone friends keep that page loaded with partially open apps. I am constantly closing everything because I feel this thing gets sluggish too often. But im pretty certain it is one of the few things Duarte brought from webos to droid. It's a decent runner up to our cards.

Which makes me wonder why no webos -> android Dev hasn't made a really accurate skin and launcher that mimics webos to the letter, on the surface even if it can't underneath. Seems all the pieces are there and just need to be put in one app. Idk...
    I would pay for a skin and launcher like that!
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    just chiming in to say i would pay for a skin like that as well.
    ashi likes this.