• 1 Post By ToniCipriani
  • 3 Post By bluenote
  • 3 Post By Ivan Brunner
  1.    #1  
    The truth is now out there. Here is a new Pixi for 2015:

ALCATEL ONETOUCH - Products - Smart phones - PIXI

and coming soon...

This Indecisive Smartphone Can Run Android, Windows, or Firefox OS

And no, it does not have any of the charms of the old Palm but the multi OS aspect suggest LuneOS can be installed, so there is that to look forward to, maybe.

(I did not see this posted anywhere else so sorry if it's already been posted
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    It'll come in four variants. I'm actually really tempted by this and will likely pick one up.
    Nice Find!
    -
    The Pixi is back -
    Just call me Berd.
    Gingerbread?!! This is a new phone?
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I think that product page linked is for the Pixi 1. The new one is the Pixi 3.
    Come to think about it... it might explain this whole HP-Alcatel thing.

Alcatel released phones called Pixi, HP saw it, decided to sue them, and the result was Alcatel buying the trademarks off them. Since they got forced to buy it, they figured might as use Palm for something.

Thoughts?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Remy X likes this.
    The One Touch Pixi was launched in 2013:

Alcatel One Touch Pixi : Caracteristicas y especificaciones
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    The One Touch Pixi was launched in 2013:

Alcatel One Touch Pixi : Caracteristicas y especificaciones
    That's what I meant. Alcatel-TCL released the phones when HP still held the trademarks.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    That's what I meant. Alcatel-TCL released the phones when HP still held the trademarks.
    Derek Kessler says not:

https://twitter.com/dkdsgn/status/551060339345719296

HP abandoned the Pixi trademark in 2011, it was free for Alcatel Onetouch to use
    No Palm branded phones announcements at CES 2015 yet.

CES 2015: ALCATEL ONETOUCH unveiling the PIXI 3 series smartphones and the WATCH series.

With a series of announcements at the International CES, ALCATEL ONETOUCH, one of the world's largest smartphone brands, makes good on its commitment to offer the latest technological innovations to all.

The brand's new PIXI smartphones make mobile Internet available to everyone, while offering another innovative feature of OS-agnostic. It is available with Firefox, Windows or Android, providing the flexibility to all consumers. What's more? The smartly priced WATCH creates a newly attainable smartwatch category.

4G LTE at an affordable price
    First among ALCATEL ONETOUCH's announcements at CES, the smartphone brand is launching its affordable PIXI 3 series, ranging from a pocket-friendly 3.5-inch display to a larger 5-inch display. Offering both 3G and 4G LTE connectivity for the PIXI 3 (4"), (4.5") and (5") and 3G for the PIXI 3 (3.5"), the PIXI 3 series further features easy customization and the most popular applications pre-loaded.

OS-agnostic - Firefox, Windows or Android
    Besides being the first among the PIXIs to offer 4G, the PIXI 3 series is also first to be compatible with three major operating systems: Firefox, Windows and Android.

"Our users do not want complicated systems -- they want something familiar from their work environment in the office, but also on a smartphone," said ALCATEL ONETOUCH Chief Marketing Officer Dan Dery.

Cross-device integration, from smartphones through to PCs. PIXI 3 series offers consumers simplicity of use and the reassurance of having the same system at home, at the office and on the go. With its OS-agnostic PIXI 3 series, ALCATEL ONETOUCH presents operating-system choices to its customers. This continues the efforts begun last year, when the brand teamed with Mozilla to launch the Firefox OS on its FIRE series of smartphones.

A Smartwatch at a Smart Price
    It looks like a watch and feels like a watch but it's much smarter than that. ALCATEL ONETOUCH introduces the WATCH series, a smartwatch that puts a premium on elegant design at a very accessible price. In launching the WATCH, ALCATEL ONETOUCH creates a new market segment: the affordable smartwatch.

Offering the WATCH at a fraction of the cost of competitors, the smartphone brand has implemented its compact design expertise to offer a series of fine finishing that meet the demands of everyone looking for the same look and feel as a traditional watch.
    While offering choices and styles, the WATCH is also packed with sensors and apps that allow users to monitor daily activity, and connects to Android smartphones to control music, take photos, receive notifications and more.

A Blast of Color: ALCATEL ONETOUCH's Interactive Booth
    Visitors to ALCATEL ONETOUCH's CES booth will not only be able to test the brand's products but also really get in the game with activities such as the Interactive Color Run. Color Run is a five-kilometer race during which runners are doused with color at every kilometer. In this virtual version, a video wall will display landscape at a scrolling speed that matches the runner's speed. To win points, players will be able to throw colored sand at the images of other people as they run. Four different smartwatch functions will also display onscreen.

Stop by our booth #9829 at the International CES.

Media Contacts
    Fran Tam - ALCATEL ONETOUCH - Global
    +852 3180 2831 - fran.tam@tcl.com
    Jason Gerdon - ALCATEL ONETOUCH - N. America
    +1 949 245 9913 - jason.gerdon@alcatelonetouch.com
    Codi Dugas - Ogilvy Public Relations
    +33 1 53 67 12 91 - codi.dugas@ogilvy.com

About ALCATEL ONETOUCH
    ALCATEL ONETOUCH is simple, unexpected, down to earth, irreverent and colorful. We believe that what makes technology smart is what you can do with it rather than what it can do.

ALCATEL ONETOUCH is a brand within TCL Communication, an international multicultural company which designs, develops, and markets globally a growing range of mobile and Internet devices. TCL Communication is a public company listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange (2618.HK) and part of TCL Corporation one of the largest consumer electronics companies in the world.

ALCATEL ONETOUCH is a SMART MOVE.

For more information, please visit ALCATEL ONETOUCH - United States.

Source: ALCATEL ONETOUCH at CES 2015: Opening Access to the Latest Technology to... -- HONG KONG, Jan. 2, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Was one of the Android OS versions launched around 2013 as GINGERBREAD
    Thread title confusing as this is not a Palm branded phone (shudder) even though it shares a model title with an old webos phone and additionally there is no indication that Alcatel (or whoever bought the trademark) will introduce one.
    But appreciate you trying to keep up with the news.
    akitayo, mattmers and ederic like this.
    If the FFOS Pixi is $20, I'll buy one.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    It's a shame this phone carries the "Pixi" name. I foolishly purchased a Firefox phone almost a year ago and while the os holds promise, it was never intended for the mainstream market but aimed at third world markets. What this means is good luck finding any useful apps. The app base has virtually nothing useful for North America. as well the app developers do not complete the apps that they put in the app market or update them. As I said I have a FFOS phone for almost a year and the apps I have downloaded have never been updated (Some that I download the day I received the phone). and most don't work, you go to use the app and all you get is a page telling you the app is still in development (for almost a year, why is it in the app store?). Android!! do we really need another Android device.

Sorry if I sound like I am ranting but this is just my two cents. By the way I love my Veer and the only way they will get it away from me is by prying it from my cold dead hands
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Brunner View Post
    Sorry if I sound like I am ranting but this is just my two cents. By the way I love my Veer and the only way they will get it away from me is by prying it from my cold dead hands
    Click here: http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ourselves.html

Extra points for, "cold dead hands".
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Interesting.

The Multi-OS thing has really charme to it.

But Alcatel-Lucent aka TCL. That's a big no-go.

I have a One Touch S Pop 4030x lying right in front of me. Hardware wise it is more than underwhelming. 2013 release with only 1GHz, 4GB space and 512 MB RAM and 480x320 resolution. Compared to 1.4 GHz, 8 GB , 512 MB RAM and 480x800 of the Pre³ in 2011. That's pretty bad.

But the rest is even worse. It's a relatively clean Android (positive) but with some heavy limits, i.e. you can't customize number and order of homescreens. And the hardwarebuttons (home, back, menu) aren't lit. So you can't really see where they are!

In sum: a subpar Android phone no one would ever ask for. (built-quality is ok).

Best GoJoe
    Attached Images Attached Images