1.    #1  
    (Dear Moderator please correct the word coming. Thanks)

The web site: mynewpalm is popping up the message on the video below that I posted its pictures:

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpRhVdgK4dM[/YT]

http://i62.tinypic.com/29ghn9x.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/2cdbthd.jpg

The site is registered to a company named Wide Progress Global Limited, which apparently purchased the right to use the Palm brand from Hewlett Packard recently. One of the names attached is Nicholas Zibell, who is also Alcatel OneTouch’s president of operations in America.

Alcatel OneTouch hasn’t made anything official yet, and there’s every chance this could all turn out to be a coincidence. However, the use of the “smart move” tagline, which is also used by Alcatel OneTouch, does make the deal and a forthcoming brand resurrection even more plausible. Outside of this, there are no clues about what products the Palm name will be used on, or whether webOS will be involved. Alcatel OneTouch concentrates on Android-based smartphones and tablets.

The company who is behind this project is:

ALCATEL ONETOUCH is a brand within TCL Communication, an international multicultural company which designs, develops, and markets globally a growing range of mobile and Internet devices. TCL Communication is a public company listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange (2618.HK) and part of TCL Corporation one of the largest consumer electronics companies in the world.

ALCATEL ONETOUCH - Company - About Us

The Full article:

Remember Palm smartphones? They may return in 2015

Could the Palm name make another comeback in 2015? If a mysterious website which has popped up is anything to go by, there’s every chance it will; but which company is behind its revival this time? Signs point to it being Alcatel OneTouch, which may not be a name many will be familiar with, but the fast growing firm wants to change all that.

Visiting mynewpalm.com shows the familiar Palm circular logo with the words “coming soon,” and “smart move,” underneath. The site is registered to a company named Wide Progress Global Limited, which apparently purchased the right to use the Palm brand from Hewlett Packard recently. One of the names attached is Nicholas Zibell, who is also Alcatel OneTouch’s president of operations in America.

While Alcatel OneTouch has released a few smartphones internationally, it has never made a huge impact, and isn’t as well known outside of Asia as ZTE, Huawei, or even Xiaomi. Could Alcatel’s plans for the Palm brand be made clear in the Wide Progress Global company name? Palm’s certainly better known in the U.S., but it has had a rocky recent history, and hasn’t been associated with awesome hardware for some time.

Alcatel OneTouch hasn’t made anything official yet, and there’s every chance this could all turn out to be a coincidence. However, the use of the “smart move” tagline, which is also used by Alcatel OneTouch, does make the deal and a forthcoming brand resurrection even more plausible. Outside of this, there are no clues about what products the Palm name will be used on, or whether webOS will be involved. Alcatel OneTouch concentrates on Android-based smartphones and tablets.

CES 2015 presents the perfect opportunity for Alcatel to come clean regarding any plans, and an announcement at the show could gain it considerable attention. With just a few days to go before the Las Vegas event begins, we don’t have long to wait either.

Palm Brand Could Return Thanks To Alcatel OneTouch | Digital Trends
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by akitayo; 12/31/2014 at 10:23 PM. Reason: word correction
    Shucks, I was hoping to find more here than just speculation similar to the other thread about this topic.

Will resume hoping for new information from CES event!
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Don't hold your breath that this will have any products that will share much palm DNA other than the name. This is simply taking advantage of the brands standing in the cellular community, something that I am sort of surprised HP did not even attempt to leverage at all. I do hope I am wrong and even more so if they use WebOS or Lune which I think would be more realistic given its android underpinnings.

Please prove me wrong...

Happy new year!
  4.    #4  
    ALCATEL ONETOUCH 9829 Booth at CES 2015 in case you are around the event.

Original article on WebOSNation: http://www.webosnation.com/it-looks-...-trademarks-hp

More articles about this subject on news.google.com: https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl...2b82bbfd38861f
    Last edited by akitayo; 01/01/2015 at 06:09 AM.