Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree47Likes
    Good job guys, instead of looking for news we are the news.....source.

Palm could be coming back to life — as an Android phone from Alcatel | The Verge
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
    MAMISHO likes this.
    Yay. In a world where speculation and gossip are headlines, we are actually a credible source.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Remy X likes this.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Yay. In a world where speculation and gossip are headlines, we are actually a credible source.
    Yes I'd agree with that. Either that or it was a slow news day on the New Years Eve A couple of more news stories...World, face Palm: PDA brand to RISE FROM THE GRAVE - The Register and OSNews.com take on the news...
    Looks like they're going to put the Palm name on cheap-*** Android crap.

Like wiping your *** with the Mona Lisa.
    Hmm...
    Remy X and TJs11thPre like this.
    I've been monitoring the articles, and it's really amusing how my blog postwhich just made a connection and asked a question based on things that I've foundand the webOS Nation articlewhich agreed with my suspicion and just explored TCL-Alcatel's possible intentionsevolved into news headlines like "Palm may return as a cheap Android smartphone."

At any rate, given the assumption that mynewpalm.com is indeed TCL-Alcatel's project, here are my theories on its plan for the Palm brand:

1) Alcatel OneTouch rebrands as Palm; or 2) Palm becomes TCL third brand for mobile phones; and

a) The new Palm makes Android phones; or

b) The new Palm makes Android, Windows, Firefox, and webOS/PalmOS phones

2) Palm becomes Alcatel OneTouchs e-commerce web site for mobile phones, something like Amazon.com

3) Palm becomes the mobile component of TCLs smart home project

Quote Originally Posted by normsland View Post
    Yes I'd agree with that. Either that or it was a slow news day on the New Years Eve A couple of more news stories...World, face Palm: PDA brand to RISE FROM THE GRAVE - The Register and OSNews.com take on the news...

Hmm...
    normsland likes this.
    It's been confirmed. More on this new thread:

http://forums.webosnation.com/genera...palm-back.html
    It appears that JMM Lee Properties, which according to a previous post had purchased the Palm brand, has abandoned it as of this month, if I'm reading the following link correctly:

https://trademarks.justia.com/863/24/palm-86324255.html

The mynewpalm site hasn't changed in months -- I've kept looking -- and I suspect that it may be abandoned, too.

I've been keeping my old Palm Tungsten E2 sync'd to Pimlical Desktop as an extra backup (it saved years of info when my PC AND its backup both failed at the same time -- Murphy was an optimist). But doing that requires me to keep using Java 7 with all its critical vulnerabilities, so I guess it's time to relegate the Palm to historical uses only.

As a local library's book return quotes, "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here."
    well, it's not that they abandoned it. Looking at that, they filed the request and got eventually an answer, but they never answered back to that and thus, now, the procedure is finally considered "abandoned".
    Looks like they gave up 7 months ago, sort of
    That particular trademark is abandoned, however, a lot of other Palm ones are not. They are also owned by someone else altogether. This one, given that it is marked as related to scientific and marine equipment, is in no way related. For instance, the trademark for the palm circle logos are active. The USPTO search engine lists them all out.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345