Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I'm used to this process.. I didn't get my hopes up more than a few millimeters.
    Yeah, I like to get my disappointment in early so I'm always on the upward curve...

Only 10 days until the next LuneOS release! (I'm sure all the devs will work through the holiday like good little elves...!)
    coolmanqazi likes this.
    I guess the community's so used to this already. I remember the optimism when HP bought Palm...

Anyway, I wonder if Alcatel -- if it is indeed into this My New Palm thing -- has in any way reached out to LG or webOS Ports. Maybe they can help with LuneOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by ederic View Post
    I guess the community's so used to this already. I remember the optimism when HP bought Palm...

Anyway, I wonder if Alcatel -- if it is indeed into this My New Palm thing -- has in any way reached out to LG or webOS Ports. Maybe they can help with LuneOS.
    I really doubt they'd bother. But what we can do is pelt them with "Where is the doctor for the Touchpad? questions and start demanding an offline activation tool for webOS devices once their support forums are up... that would get them to realize that taking over an established brand isn't all fun..
    Palm has gone the way of the Phoenix! Yes! From the ashes will rise a new Palm to take back its rightful place in the mobile landscape. Leading the charge will be none other than a former HP/Palm dedicated leader - Leo Apotheker. Sorry guys, I just couldn't resist.
    dkirker and MAMISHO like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatclue_98 View Post
    Palm has gone the way of the Phoenix! Yes! From the ashes will rise a new Palm to take back its rightful place in the mobile landscape. Leading the charge will be none other than a former HP/Palm dedicated leader - Leo Apotheker. Sorry guys, I just couldn't resist.
    I hate you.

(just kidding)
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    dkirker and toaste like this.
    Heh Heh... I didn't even notice that Derek posted this article up on the front page. Shows how often I look up there!
    I guess I should not be surprised that HP did not put the palm brand to any use although one would have thought....Oh, never mind. Not much of HP's leadership of palm really had much thought into it.

Still sad, really of what might have been.
    Remy X likes this.
    $5 says Alcatel completely rebrands as Palm.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    $5 says Alcatel completely rebrands as Palm.
    You mean TCL Communication?

Alcatel Mobile Phones (Alcatel OneTouch) is a brand of mobile handset. It was established in 2004 as a joint venture between Alcatel-Lucent of France and TCL Communication of China.
    Alcatel-Lucent has left the picture, but anyone bearing their name would have a good reason to re-brand. Nobody wants to associate with a notorious patent troll, much less one that wields AT&T Bell Labs patents
    This obviously explains why they have to shut down the servers on palm.com. They sold the domain.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I hate you.

(just kidding)
    Aw, come on! It was funny, wasn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by briest View Post
    There's a "Chinese trail" that may hint in Alcatel direction: mynewpalm.com page has Big5 charset declared. As there is no text on page, it's probably just webdesigner's default. Big5 is standard for Traditional Chinese -- used out of mainland China: Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau. TCL Communications, owner of Alcatel brand, is -- as ederic pointed -- Chinese company listen on Hong Kong Stack Exchange...
    Hmm.....also "Wide Progress Global Limited" is about as Chinese a company name as you can get....
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Of course. Anyway, "my new palm" may be rather Livistona chinensis than Californian Washingtonia filifera
    Remy X likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by briest View Post
    Of course. Anyway, "my new palm" may be rather Livistona chinensis than Californian Washingtonia filifera
    Ooh... Made to look it up by Briest! >:-(
    Have you read about the LG wearable rumour?
    Is it about the LG webOS smartwatch?! Wait, will read it. :-P

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Not specifically but it does mention it. It's a good speculative article about LG at CES.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter
    I'm thinking Kodak... they are supposed to be entering the mobile world with a powerful device(s) that's easy to use...
    Quote Originally Posted by homer14z View Post
    I'm thinking Kodak... they are supposed to be entering the mobile world with a powerful device(s) that's easy to use...
    Yeah but I think they are going to make Android phones...
    Kodak's finally making smartphones (sort of)

I really wish Jon Rubenstein as director of Qualcomm was restarting the Palm brand (which is owned by Qualcomm now, i think). It would be soooo efffing kickass!
    I think Qualcomm only bought Palm patents and not the name. https://www.qualcomm.com/news/releas...t-portfolio-hp
    Follow me on Twitter
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast