Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes
  1.    #1  
    https://twitter.com/ScarletRegina/st...24482885976065

GingerbreadRegina
    ‏@ScarletRegina
    My friend @OldSkoolVWLover passed away. He was & always will be a part of my Internet family. So much love to his wife @lattajava #webos
    :-( My condolences to your family. Thank you for having been part of our webOS family.

On his Twitter account about a week ago, he had posted that he was in ER, and a picture, but no further details that I see. :'(

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Moderator Update

All... a Tribute article for Josh just went live on the CB site (as he was a current mod there).

The article can be found here: Saluting one of the best moderators CrackBerry (and webOS Nation) ever had | CrackBerry.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12/22/2014 at 03:30 PM.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Wow, never knew the man, but was always a webOS mainstay to me, I mean, how do you not miss that handle, especially being a car guy. Gone but not forgotten, prayers and well wishes to his family this holiday season
    Palm treo 700w wm5 (sprint), Palm treo 800w wm6.1(sprint), Palm treo pro wm 6.5.3 (sprint), Palm pre webOS 2.1(sprint), Palm pixi webOS 1.4.5 (sprint), Htc arrive wp nodo (sprint), Nokia lumia 900 wp 7.8 (ATT), Hp touchpad w/ LunaCE 4.9.10, Hp pre3 2.2.4 (ATT-unlocked)
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    On his Twitter account about a week ago, he had posted that he was in ER, and a picture, but no further details that I see. :'(
    I saw that too

It's hard to believe when that happens, takes a little while for it to sink in. But i've been there before, ten years ago, when i found out that my mentor and dear friend, whom i knew through a tech forum, was suddenly gone. A mutual friend of ours had posted a thread in the morning, saying that the man had been hit by a stay bullet while out on his porch the evening prior. Just like that, a life can be taken away, a reminder of that we should do more to make our time worthwhile, to share kindness, common sense and make good memories, not grudges.

Life is fragile...

@OldSkoolVWLover,

Rest in peace, my friend. We'll miss you.

. . .

My condolences to all that knew and loved Josh (aka OldSkoolVWLover), and to those of us here who have ~recently lost someone who was dear to them... to HelloNNNewman whose girlfriend had passed away some months ago, and also to another member here who has recently lost his sister to suicide. Please take care, and if anything, there's always someone here to talk to. We are all human and i guess, some things we just can't escape. But at least we are there for one another.
    Much love,

-R
    Last edited by Remy X; 12/11/2014 at 02:37 AM.
    So sad to hear the news. I loved chatting with Josh about dogs and cars. A real stand up guy with a huge heart.

May Josh rest in peace, and G_d give his wife and family strength. :big-hug:
    I saw his earlier tweet. I had no idea the situation was so serious.

Rest in Peace Josh / OldSkoolVWLover

webOS fan, Moderator & of course VW Lover.

I hope his family see this tribute thread.
    vasekvi likes this.
    ************************************************************************************************

Rest In Peace Brother.. and may you find that Great webOS 'Slab' Interface in the Sky!

************************************************************************************************

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    My deepest condolences to family and friends.
    Descanse en paz.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    14,797 Global Posts
    One of the other CB Mods BigBadWulf started a thread on CrackBerry too, where OldSkoolVWLover had been a Mod since around May 2013.

RIP Josh, aka OldSkoolVWLover - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

RIP Josh. You will be dearly missed.
    Last edited by Elite1; 12/11/2014 at 07:06 AM.
    Moderator Ambassador Team Leader
    CrackBerry Forums
    Thanks for letting us know Eric. Prayers for his family.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Thanks for sharing the news, although it is not easy to hear. Josh was a great guy and a good friend on many forums. My condolences to his family and to all his virtual friends.
    berdinkerdickle likes this.
    There really are no words at this time, other than our deepest condolences to Josh's friends and family. Josh was loved by all that knew him, and he will be missed dearly.
    James Falconer
    Community Manager, Mobile Nations
    Email: james@mobilenations.com
    Twitter: @JamesFalconer
    My condolescences
    I remember the first time I saw that username, I thought this guy can't be all bad, I'm an oldskool vw lover too.

Since then, I came to appreciate his input on the forum as reasonable and insightful. I appreciated seeing a comment by him in any thread I posted.

He will be missed and remembered.
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 12/11/2014 at 07:29 PM.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Remy X likes this.
    I can not believe it ... Very sad .... I did not know him well, but he was an important part of the webOS community
    God rest his soul.
    My deepest condolences to Josh's family and friends.
  16. vgg
    RIP Josh - our prayers go out for you and condolences to your family.you'll be greatly missed

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Some of us are making donation in Josh's name to this place....

https://www.facebook.com/RecycledPetsNorCalRescue

If you dig around on the facebook page you will find their actual site with the donation link.
    Visiting Moderator from CrackBerry.com!
    This is where we met & this is where we say goodbye :(
    Needless to say, this news came as a huge shock. It's never easy losing a friend, but this is extra difficult. Josh was simply a great guy. He came into the forums as a member who was always one of the first to help out someone with questions and quickly caught the attention of the mod team. As a moderator, Josh was always cracking jokes and simply fun to work with. I've had many conversations with him through Twitter and email and he was truly a great guy. He will be deeply missed.

My heart and condolences go out to Josh's wife and family. What can I say.. he was a great guy and we'll miss him.
    Elite1, Rnp and berdinkerdickle like this.
    Wow, R.I.P. Brings back many memories..
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast