Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree73Likes
  1.    #41  
    Josh's memorial showed me that he was an amazing person outside of our little forums here, and I was very glad to have been able to go. The California Auto Museum was full of VW owners today, for sure. I spoke with his wife for a few minutes, and expressed to her how great it was to have had Josh in our company, and that he was loved by those of us at the Nation. His friends in the VW community and the pet rescue community made me feel welcome, and many mentioned how they had absolutely no idea what this webOS thing was that he was always talking about :-)

I'm only travelling with a laptop that is suited for little more than email, so I don't have any real image compositing tools at my disposal right now, but I wanted to share this, before I get a chance to make a better version..

webOS Nation and I will never forget you or your contribution to our community, Josh. Rest in Peace.

*edit: mods .. is there a way to limit the size of an attachment display? .. removing it frombeing inline in the post, it's a huge image*
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I just stumbled across this and it made me sick. He was always fair as a mod and helpful as a team member. May the light of the Universe shine brightly on his wife and family.

Guys, don't think that going to a doctor challenges your manhood. I had a heart attack at 46 which could have been prevented if only I had listened to my wife and had regular check-ups. Now I walk around with enough stainless steel inside me to build a DeLorean because I thought I was 10' tall and bullet-proof. I found out they make 10' coffins.
    INFORMATION:

All... a Tribute article for Josh just went live on the CB site (as he was a current mod there).

The article can be found here: Saluting one of the best moderators CrackBerry (and webOS Nation) ever had | CrackBerry.com

Please add your voices over on that thread - Josh was a big webOS fan and a great Mod here.

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12/22/2014 at 11:55 PM.
    This was done on behalf of the webOS community a few days ago as well. http://pivotce.com/2014/12/19/rememb...dskoolvwlover/
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    I have been only a few days away from this community, and I just managed to catch this post by accident with the title (catching up with so many old and new pist) and as I kept reading just felt so saddened to hear of the terrible news of the recent passing of one of the most beloved members of this community: OldSkoolVWLover.

I have the opportunity to read a few of his post, and also talked with him on a few occasions. It was a delight to have him around always moderating around the forums and kindly taking time to answer questions to anyone's who had a question pertaining to WebOS. I'm happy to be one of the lucky ones to talk with him, very friendly and smart guy to talk with and I'm happy to have had that opportunity( despite the fact, I never had a chance to meet him in real life). Wish someday I could be lucky enough that in any chance that anything would happen to my well-being, many folks would say such nice things and be remembered fondly by so many of you. But who am I kidding, I'm a nobody around this forum( no one special like eblade, Remy, grabber 5.0, John Steffes or even HelloNNNewman).

May God bless his family and my deepest condolences to the family and friends for this sad tragedy around this times like the holidays and Christmas which is about family and sharing each others company.
    *RIP OldSkoolVWLover * You be sorely missed

Wish everyone a merry Christmas, hope the best for Everyone in this new year 2015 and do wish for new WebOS devices next year but I don't think we would be that lucky with LG.
    Last edited by PalmPixi_User23; 12/24/2014 at 01:08 AM.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
  6.    #46  
    We've had our differences, PalmPixi_User23, and I've said some harsh things to you in the past, and I apologize for the harshness of my attitude sometimes. Happy Holiday!
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    PalmPixi_User23 likes this.
    Being a nobody in the forum is ok! Without us users those great devs would be pretty bored talking to each other all the time!
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Remy X likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadWulf View Post
    Many of you have asked what caused Josh to pass away so young. 33 years isn't nearly enough time to live, though Josh certainly managed to cram a lot of passion into those years. Anyone whom he shared images, or talked about his customized VW's with can attest to that.

Josh had been ill, though nobody knew it. Out walking on his lunch break recently, he managed to stab his leg severely with a tree limb. One of those silly things you don't think much of at the time. He went to the emergency room, and had 20 staples to close the wound. After they were removed, infection set in. Being the typical man, he refused to see a doctor. Of course his wife Sarah, along with many friends encouraged him to get help. It was clearly infected, and he resigned to go if he had a fever. Sadly, by the time he was feverish, and finally decided a doctor would be a good idea, E. Coli had set in. He was too weak to fight it off, and went into organ failure. After most of a week on life support, Sarah had to make the brave decision to turn off the machines. He passed away Sunday, December 7th at 4:22.

There will be a celebration of life for Josh at California Automobile Museum from 2pm-6pm on Sunday, Dec 21. Anyone is welcome. They've made arrangements to have his car on display in the auction room for the day.
    California Auto Museum
    2200 Front Street, Sacramento, CA, 95818-1106
    916-442-6802*/*info@CalAutoMuseum.org‎

Josh's signature from one of the many VW forums he belonged to:

Click to view quoted image
    So saddened by this news. Prayers for his family. A life gone too soon
    I am so sorry to hear this.
    He was such a nice guy.
    Rev 21:4
    Just call me Berd.
    HelloNNNewman and jcho99 like this.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123