Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes
    I was Josh's friend on facebook but never got to meet the guy. He was a great guy and will be missed dearly.

RIP
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

tracks914 likes this.
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    My deepest sympathies for his wife and family. He will be missed by all that knew him.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    I remember seeing the ER Instagram post, and to be honest, figured he would pull through whatever it was he was in there for. Too bad, he really loved his wife Sarah, his pitbulls and his red Jetta. A valuable friend online, and out in the real world I'm sure, who will be sorely missed. He always had good contributions to the discussions at hand.

Life is shorter for some than others, but it's still short regardless.

I just had a friend post this on Facebook, non OldSkool related, with the caption Coolest. Van. Ever. I'm sure Josh would have agreed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Very sad news indeed. My heartfelt condences to his family and friends. May he rest in Peace.

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note Edge on AT&T
    Wow terrible news. I haven't been on the webOS forums in a long time but I heard this news on Twitter and it just saddened me. He was a great webOS resource. I'm sure a great person overall. Will be missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ahh, bummer. His presence here will be missed.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    I always considered his views here as insightful and worth reading carefully. I will miss his presence here. Deepest condences to all his friend's and family.
    he always helped me nicely tolerating my inane newbie questions with simple explanations & respectful reference... I will miss seeing him around here... make this thread sticky in his honor; he will not be forgotten...
    Sad day. :-(
    My condolences to his family and friends. Only knew him on the forums yet will certainly miss him
    Many of you have asked what caused Josh to pass away so young. 33 years isn't nearly enough time to live, though Josh certainly managed to cram a lot of passion into those years. Anyone whom he shared images, or talked about his customized VW's with can attest to that.

Josh had been ill, though nobody knew it. Out walking on his lunch break recently, he managed to stab his leg severely with a tree limb. One of those silly things you don't think much of at the time. He went to the emergency room, and had 20 staples to close the wound. After they were removed, infection set in. Being the typical man, he refused to see a doctor. Of course his wife Sarah, along with many friends encouraged him to get help. It was clearly infected, and he resigned to go if he had a fever. Sadly, by the time he was feverish, and finally decided a doctor would be a good idea, E. Coli had set in. He was too weak to fight it off, and went into organ failure. After most of a week on life support, Sarah had to make the brave decision to turn off the machines. He passed away Sunday, December 7th at 4:22.

There will be a celebration of life for Josh at California Automobile Museum from 2pm-6pm on Sunday, Dec 21. Anyone is welcome. They've made arrangements to have his car on display in the auction room for the day.
    California Auto Museum
    2200 Front Street, Sacramento, CA, 95818-1106
    916-442-6802*/*info@CalAutoMuseum.org‎

Josh's signature from one of the many VW forums he belonged to:
    "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage" - Lao Tzu
    https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images...e_400x400.jpeg
    Oh wow. I can relate to that. This is a good reminder for all us to listen to our friends and loved ones. Thank you for sharing that.
  13.    #33  
    Thanks, BigBadWulf. I may be able to make that. Anyone else? I'm not too comfortable with showing up in places where I know literally no one at all. :-S
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Oh really sad news
    I had seen him around the forums. Sad way to go too....
    I hope his family has a lot of happy memories to celebrate his life...
    My condolences to his family..
  15.    #35  
    No one else in the Bay area or somewhere nearby? I'm visiting the Bay this weekend, so I'm going to pop up there.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    R.I.P
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    He embodied fundamental traits that make this forum great. I am sad that there will be less of that, here and in the World. The ripples he made will spread long. Condolences to all.
    Remy X likes this.
  18.    #38  
    I will most likely be at the gathering at the California Auto Museum on Sunday. If anyone is going, look for the long-black-haired (white) guy in the white webOS t-shirt.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Rest in peace. He was very helpful to forum members.
    Thanks for the info BigBadWulf. I was curious as to what happened, I remember him talking about getting those staples and how he really hated having to go to the doctor. I see his service is underway now (on Facebook.) Such a shame. He always made fun of my freezing cold winters in Canada, I was looking forward to teasing him here from Thailand. RIP Josh.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast