Seems there's no limit to how much HP is able/willing to screw up in the process of splitting up its operations. First there was an issue with the Doctors repository, which i've been able to provide a temporary fix for (184.108.40.206 or 220.127.116.11 for downloads.help.palm.com), which is now gone, since all links will redirect to a blank page at mynewpalm.com. Then it was the SDK + images, which was also down as they moved servers. At 18.104.22.168 cdn.downloads.palm.com, it's not dead yet as of this posting. But regular Novacom downloads have gone down with the ROMs.
Then HP + Facebook purged thousands of our pictures and updates off our pages, with no warning, recourse or means to download an archive. We are still battling them over it.
Then developer.palm.com has gone dark. It's currently live at 22.214.171.124, but there's no guarantees. It's time to drop everything and archive dev docs, developer forums (Viagra SPAM and all, we'll sort through it later), and the if you need Pattyland's app catalog Google search to work, you'll also need to add this to your hosts file.
Finally, the open source packages, which i've been assured are securely hosted by LG, are actually hosted at downloads.help.palm.com, which is now redirecting and will no longer be available to us. A gross violation of the GPL license, BTW.
Old PalmOS downloads: if Alan Morford hasn't archived them while the hosts fix still worked, they are gone for good and will have to be found through the grapevine, because i haven't had the time to back them up. I don't use PalmOS.
And finally some good news, so that everything i've said won't drive you to the edge of despair...
Thanks to the generosity of Archive.org (aka The Wayback Machine), a lot of this stuff it still available. I haven't been able to confirm how much, but it includes developer docs, developer forums (how much?), ROMs, and Open Source packages. I still have to verify that none of the files are missing or corrupted, that's today's work for me. But please donate to Archive.org. We will be wasting a lot of their bandwidth in the next month or so. I really urge you, because many Doctors are in excess of 200MB.
Anyhow, i will do my utmost to resume archiving stuff, will update my Doctors spreadsheet to reflect the changes. Will later put up a SDK and Open Source spreadsheet as well, as time allows. I've been overloaded with work and am in a deep hole mentally, but i've never stopped working on the replacement Cloud Services solution. Hope to see you there soon, as it comes together.
And a list of things we must archive:
- ROMs (Doctors) :: i have all of them
- SDK + images :: i have all images, and all HP-era SDKs, and a Win32 Palm-era SDK, will get others.
- Dev IDE plugins
- Online dev documentation :: Archive.org had some or all
- Developer forums :: ditto, Archive.org had some
- Tools like devicetool.jar
- Novacom drivers :: downloading now from Archive.org
- Open source packages :: ditto, Archive.org had some or all
- "On-device" help :: mazzinia has most of it (no Sprint Pre-), i have very little
- Ares Debugger :: i have it
- Free "App Catalog" apps :: Herrie has all of them, i have some that survived a HDD issue, will verify and re-download the rest.
- Paid apps, a coordinated effort :: i really must put up a database for all of us to x-ref
- App Catalog metadata :: big thanks to Herrie, horzel and krotech for the old and new feeds. Herrie and i will get back to downloading comments/ratings and the remaining screenshot images
Hopefully i got everything. If i've missed something, tell me and i'll gladly update.