Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree39Likes
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    As I don't think I've seen it mentioned anywhere else, the help app fails to connect to anything. Obviously, this site is pretty much the help, but those on-device videos and pages could still have a use if anyone can find them. I edited the hosts file on my Pre with Internalz Pro, adding the three IP addresses Remy X posted, but this made no difference.

Of course, in the future, the help app might be patched to receive help from a community source...
    15.217.96.16 help.palm.com
    Preemptive and Sumy like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    As I don't think I've seen it mentioned anywhere else, the help app fails to connect to anything. Obviously, this site is pretty much the help, but those on-device videos and pages could still have a use if anyone can find them. I edited the hosts file on my Pre with Internalz Pro, adding the three IP addresses Remy X posted, but this made no difference.

Of course, in the future, the help app might be patched to receive help from a community source...
    Don't worry, the videos/etc are all safe
    Sumy likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    15.217.96.16 help.palm.com
    Well that was easy! Thanks!

For anyone reading, the hosts file is located in /etc/ of the webOS (which is Linux) filesystem. As it is a system file, you will need to enable master mode in Internalz Pro to edit it. Of course, this restored access will only last a few days.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 01/06/2015 at 06:43 AM.
    Sumy likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Then developer.palm.com has gone dark. It's currently live at 205.140.203.24, but there's no guarantees.
    Well, that was back in November 2014 and I've visited developer.palm.com many times since with my last noted visit in March 2015, but yesterday and today - no such luck...
    I can't hit it either by name: developer.palm.com, nor by ip: 205.140.203.24
    I guess its time to use archive.org for this stuff, e.g.: https://web.archive.org/web/20150323...ce.html#c21702
    What a shame to lose that resource - I am feeling very thankful for archive.org about now!
    I have been searching about this CSC, and they seem to register quite a few domains. I've seen that they have registered Apple's website and even my school's website.
    Tungsten E, Palm T|X, Treo 700p, Pixi, Pre Plus, Pre 2, HP TouchPad 16GB, LG G2, Samsung Gear 2 Neo, LG G Flex2 Volcano Red, Samsung Gear Live, LG Smart TV 32LF595B
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234