Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lc_lol View Post
    On dec 2nd, Meg Whitman will announce hp brand new smartphones, launched under "MyNewPalm" brand, and running LG WebOS.

https://twitter.com/HPDiscover

Okay, dreaming again...
    And Leo will be in charge, because he feels guilty and wants to right past wrongs.
    lc_lol likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by UberschallSamsara View Post
    And Leo will be in charge, because he feels guilty and wants to right past wrongs.
    Please no... he got enough "bonus" cash for his past "excellent" leadership and decisions, without having him get again 6 zeroes to mess more and on top of that, get another bonus...
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Please no... he got enough "bonus" cash for his past "excellent" leadership and decisions, without having him get again 6 zeroes to mess more and on top of that, get another bonus...
    I was, of course, being extremely sarcastic and cynical.
    I've downloaded almost all files (scraping the website was a bit troublesome, so I had to do a couple of things manually). This includes all the available Palm Desktop installers, some device specific updates, all manuals (including a 200+ page manual for the Touchpad I never knew existed), and the tutorial-videos for webOS devices (again: never knew about them). There are still some things missing, but nothing that I feel is really relevant.

I'll try to set my scraper up to copy the actual information on the website too, because there are some nice little tidbits on webOS that I think might be useful to keep.
    Remy X, Saijin_Naib and Sumy like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    And a list of things we must archive:

• ROMs (Doctors) :: i have all of them
    • SDK + images :: i have all images, and all HP-era SDKs, and a Win32 Palm-era SDK, will get others.
    • Dev IDE plugins
    • Online dev documentation :: Archive.org had some or all
    • Developer forums :: ditto, Archive.org had some
    • Tools like devicetool.jar
    • Novacom drivers :: downloading now from Archive.org
    • Open source packages :: ditto, Archive.org had some or all
    • "On-device" help :: mazzinia has most of it (no Sprint Pre-), i have very little
    • Ares Debugger :: i have it
    • Free "App Catalog" apps :: Herrie has all of them, i have some that survived a HDD issue, will verify and re-download the rest.
    • Paid apps, a coordinated effort :: i really must put up a database for all of us to x-ref
    • App Catalog metadata :: big thanks to Herrie, horzel and krotech for the old and new feeds. Herrie and i will get back to downloading comments/ratings and the remaining screenshot images

Hopefully i got everything. If i've missed something, tell me and i'll gladly update.
    Why not to make a torrent and maintains it by entire community?
    Quote Originally Posted by Misj' View Post
    I've downloaded almost all files (scraping the website was a bit troublesome, so I had to do a couple of things manually). This includes all the available Palm Desktop installers, some device specific updates, all manuals (including a 200+ page manual for the Touchpad I never knew existed), .
    I'd like to see that. Any tidbits that has eluded us all these years?
    Quote Originally Posted by joeytino View Post
    I'd like to see that. Any tidbits that has eluded us all these years?
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Yes. Can you post a link?
    I don't expect there's a (real) difference between the manuals for each provider, but they have a different file-size, so I've uploaded them all. There's probably nothing in there we don't already know. But I was just a bit surprised to see them for the first time (not that I ever searched for a manual...)

Note to HP's legal department: if you feel that sharing these files/videos is an infringement on your copyrights, let me know via this thread, and I'll take them down

Note to people not working for HP: I won't be sharing these files forever. But once we have a centralized repository I also don't think it's needed to do so.
    Remy X, Preemptive and Sumy like this.
    Ah, those ( checked the pre2 ) are the videos of the online help (online as in the online help tutorial the devices access)
    download.help.palm.com
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Ah, those ( checked the pre2 ) are the videos of the online help (online as in the online help tutorial the devices access)
    We had these already backed up then, right?
    maybe not all, because yours are from a different location, I think.
    The ones I checked ( only one unit , random ) were the same, but the help had more videos alongside. I would have to download all / expand / and check everything. anyway more copies are never bad ( in case of accidents )

Ah, there are also Pre3 videos ( 4 languages ) (and some of the other units have spanish videos)
    edit,

just checked the thinkpad archive. Less videos than in the help, same names, but in this case different dimensions (7mb vs 11mb).
    So some devices/files are the same, and some are different
    Remy X likes this.
    I did a wget dump of developer.palm.com at the beginning of november. It was fairly substantial, and I think that I got most of the text anyways.
    Developer of FeedSpider - The best webOS newsreader, supporting AOL Reader, BazQux Reader, Feedly, InoReader, OwnCloud News, Tiny Tiny RSS, and The Old Reader, with more to come.
    One thing I noticed in checking what I downloaded, is that not all of the links were adjusted to be relative references to point to the local files, so most of the navigation still tries to take me to developer.palm.com. Did you have more luck?
  14.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    One thing I noticed in checking what I downloaded, is that not all of the links were adjusted to be relative references to point to the local files, so most of the navigation still tries to take me to developer.palm.com. Did you have more luck?
    Same here, using wget on Windows, even with the correct flags. After a while, wget crashed too, so if the docs are still available (haven't checked), i'll use a php script tonight that should do a more intelligent job of archiving the stuff and converting file paths to relative. Will also go through some section sub-directories (the URL) and see is there's anything that's not readily "spiderable", any link "blind spot" that can be circumvented by going a different route. There's some dead URLs inside some dev docs that do resolve once you edit the link, so i don't know, but if there's any "islands" of content that wget would normally miss, i'd much rather "brute force" find them than have dead links
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Same here, using wget on Windows, even with the correct flags. After a while, wget crashed too, so if the docs are still available (haven't checked), i'll use a php script tonight that should do a more intelligent job of archiving the stuff and converting file paths to relative. Will also go through some section sub-directories (the URL) and see is there's anything that's not readily "spiderable", any link "blind spot" that can be circumvented by going a different route. There's some dead URLs inside some dev docs that do resolve once you edit the link, so i don't know, but if there's any "islands" of content that wget would normally miss, i'd much rather "brute force" find them than have dead links
    I've been working my way through them, and have a lot working, but too tired to finish it now. I am making progress though fixing the broken links.
    Does someone have a backup of the OpenSource packages that they could share with me? Please contact me by PM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Does someone have a backup of the OpenSource packages that they could share with me? Please contact me by PM.
    If you mean this: Open Source Packages - HP webOS open source compliance

I clicked through the pages, but downloading didn't work until I re-edited the HOSTS file.
    #195.22.200.42 downloads.help.palm.com
    63.80.4.201 downloads.help.palm.com
    I downloaded webOS-WOCE.tgz successfully. If that doesn't work for you, I will download all the packages.
    Remy X likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    I'll have to make them available to you (in a single 9Gig .rar file). I'll PM you shortly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misj' View Post
    I'll have to make them available to you (in a single 9Gig .rar file). I'll PM you shortly.
    Seems that the above trick with hosts file works, I'll give that a go tonight first
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Preemptive likes this.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast