1.    #1  
    I have bought my Treo two months ago and I am already on my second unit ... I think Treo is a great, as long as it works, but wonder:

What is the longest time span a given Treo (new unit) has been working? What are your experiences (inkl. model)? Thanks a lot in advance,

clu
    i have had mine since i bought it new last august. no serious problems so far. small amount of paint off one corner.

have to say i am not a particularly 'heavy' user
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you for your post! Last August, so approx. 8 months.... anyone above 12 months, maybe even 2 years or more without replacement?

The poll is open for the oldest Treo in working order (constantly lying in a drawer doesn't count though)... I would guess 18 months is hard to beat, no?

Thanks and regards,
    clu
    Originally posted by clulup
    Thank you for your post! Last August, so approx. 8 months.... anyone above 12 months, maybe even 2 years or more without replacement?

The poll is open for the oldest Treo in working order (constantly lying in a drawer doesn't count though)... I would guess 18 months is hard to beat, no?

Thanks and regards,
    clu
    The treo hasn't been around 2 years. I don't think it has been around a year either.

I got mine when it first came out (whenever that was) and I am still on the same unit.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  5.    #5  
    uuups, indead, Treo was out in March 2002 only... sorry for the lapse.

So most guaranty periods are not over yet, and very few Treos are older than a year. But looking at all the posts about Treo replacements makes me wonder how long I will be able to enjoy my first replacement (after two months)...

Thank you anyway,
    clu
    I ordered my 270 the day they became available, and I still have
    the same unit. I also am missing some paint on one of the corners from dropping it
    It works just fine, and I believe (hope) it will continue...
    I got with sprint in December and got my third treo at the end of February. Wow that's one per month so far.
    My first Treo300 was DOA. My second has worked perfectly ever since it arrived...4 months and counting.
    My 1st 270 had the bad screen, and Handspring replaced it at no charge. My 2nd 270 has run like a top ever since... I think I'm going on 6 months or more... I've dropped it many times and I use it constantly for email and web surfing and games (oh my...) No problems since that one time.
    We have two 180's and a 270 and all have been replaced at least once. The Treo 270 is going back this week just before the warranty runs out, because the socket for the power/hotsync cable has become loose, and no longer works correctly.

This is the second time the 270 will be replaced by HS. The first time was for a bad screen.

On the one hand, you have to applaud HS for replacing these units for only the $25 excahnge fee each time. On the other hand you have to wonder if they are making any money. Furthermore, if my 270 breaks again, it'll be out of warranty (one year?), and I guess I'm toast. Hopefully their next generation product is out by then. In the mean time, I get a new unit courtesy of HS this week.

HRB
  11.    #11  
    You have to pay $25 for an exchange even during the warranty period? If so I find that horrible. Here (Switzerland) Treos are exchanged for no fee during the first year (warranty period).

But still, so far this "poll" showed a frighteningly low average life span, no? I would think a device which costs several hundred dollars should last for, say three years at least. I still think Treo is a great tool and I hope it will last, at least the unit I have at the end of my warranty period....
    Originally posted by clulup
    You have to pay $25 for an exchange even during the warranty period? If so I find that horrible. Here (Switzerland) Treos are exchanged for no fee during the first year (warranty period).

But still, so far this "poll" showed a frighteningly low average life span, no? I would think a device which costs several hundred dollars should last for, say three years at least. I still think Treo is a great tool and I hope it will last, at least the unit I have at the end of my warranty period....
    If the Treo is under warrenty we don't 'have' to pay anything... we get two choices for the replacement;

1) ship the bad unit in (and we pay the shipping) and get a replacement shipped back, or
    2) pay $25 to have a replacement unit shipped out first, and then send the bad unit back (on Handspring's nickel).

Since I didn't want to wait the 3-5 days or so to get the replacement after I shipped in my Treo, I paid the $25 to get the replacement first.