Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
  1.    #1  
    Live Site >>>Click here<<<
    Now you can play IconCrush online or download it for Free.
    Now you can play Bugs online or download it for Free.
    Now you can play HEXTRIS online or download it for Free.
    Now you can play Threes online or download it for Free.
    Now you can play Laser online or download it for Free.
    Soon All apps will be free but Please consider making a donation.

Added New Games
    More on the way

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Capture4.JPG
    Last edited by warlord9159; 01/28/2015 at 07:16 PM.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Looks good!

Perhaps coordinate with this project?
    Would you pay $5-10 /year for a drop-in replacement to Palm Profile / Cloud Services?

Strangely, a paid apps solution was a long way off for LuneOS, but this situation may cause something to happen either there or from someone else quite soon...
    Last edited by Preemptive; 10/25/2014 at 02:29 PM.
    Rnp and warlord9159 like this.
    Thanks for the demo

I like the clean, minimalistic UI, but i've got a bit of a question... is this something that's going to be like a Preware plug-in, running off the PreCentral feed?

Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Looks good!

Perhaps coordinate with this project?
    Would you pay $5-10 /year for a drop-in replacement to Palm Profile / Cloud Services?

Strangely, a paid apps solution was a long way off for LuneOS, but this situation may cause something to happen either there or from someone else quite soon...
    More like coordinate with Preware, at this point...

Because right now, we are just working towards a Palm Profile activation/back-up server replacement and it isn't a good time for "feature creep". There's a fixed set of goals and a fixed timetable, and we are gonna try to meet that and still have the time to collect about 1,000 Palm Profiles that are not necessarily active, but the owners may want to keep.

Once the proverbial "fire" has been put out, we can return to building a proper App Catalog, but having worked on that in the past, i've found that the legal costs of launching that would be in the neighborhood of $5,000, and unfortunately i got busy with other work and the situation kind of stagnated. But i still have all my notes and research, nearly all the logistics figured out, and trust me the legal stuff is like a pitfall trap if you don't do the 100% of due diligence, and even large companies like Square get caught and slapped with a fine for this and that. It's not "government for the people [...]" that's for sure. It's a government for the practicing attorneys by the state and federal legislators that went to law school with them, a harvesting operation.

Anyway, i don't mean to sound pessimistic, i still intend to go through with this. I just realize that the money has to come out of my pocket before i can ask for even a penny in donation. Everything has to work already before i can ask for anyone's help or participation, and that's fine by me. I just have to find my way into a job with decent pay, and freelancing is not it.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the demo

I like the clean, minimalistic UI, but i've got a bit of a question... is this something that's going to be like a Preware plug-in, running off the PreCentral feed?

No, I was thinking that all apps will sit in my/your dropbox..... with a link to them..

For now this is something quick so that everyone can still have a place to get content.

I have over 60 apps in HP's appcat now and to set all this up for that will take some time.

Maybe I could just have it with new apps and updated apps...
    Last edited by warlord9159; 10/25/2014 at 03:38 PM.

Remy X likes this.
  5.    #5  
    I will have a BETA test page up for Chrome this Sunday i hope

6.    #6  
    Added test site from dropbox so its a bit slow to load.
    I will remove it later tonight.

Of course, a fully populated catalogue will need a search function. The current situation has highlighted for me the discoverability problem of the app catalogue - even with the relatively few apps compared to other platforms. For instance, 'games' is a wide category. It would be nice to be able to drill down to specifics and see a total number of apps that fit a given criteria, then also perhaps to keyword search within that.

I'll link to this thread over here: DEVELOPERS! Post here if your apps will be available after the HP Catalogue closes
    warlord9159 likes this.
  8.    #8  
    Link is down for now... Doing some updates to it ..Sorry, will be back up soon.

9.    #9  
    Added new screen caps

10.    #10  
    Page back up..

Please post comments

11.    #11  
    Updated
    Please post comments

looks nice, have you though about the backend infrastructure (upload/maintain...)?

I looks like webosnations catalog (feed) together wih Preware is a already working concept, which could be pimped by adding donation links... if there is manpower to update the app.

I also stumbled upon https://developer.palm.com/appredire...oft.uberappcat which is/was an app cat app to parse original palm catalog feeds (berfore they were closed. Perhaps this could also be useful to start with.
    warlord9159 likes this.
    It may be a question of licensing or control rather than simply profit, but many of the apps currently in the app catalogue won't be seen again unless there's a fairly secure payment option. Developers will be attracted to a platform that enables them to earn money from their efforts, so I'm glad to see other options being tried.
    warlord9159 likes this.
  14.    #14  
    As for now I really have on clue as to how this will turn out to be.
    I'm thinking of adding Android app too. But don't know about that as its just a thought at this stage....

Developers will receive payments to their Paypal account...
    they will have their own Paypal button.

New screen caps today
    Last edited by warlord9159; 10/30/2014 at 03:46 PM.

15.    #15  
    updated

This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    It may be a question of licensing or control rather than simply profit, but many of the apps currently in the app catalogue won't be seen again unless there's a fairly secure payment option. Developers will be attracted to a platform that enables them to earn money from their efforts, so I'm glad to see other options being tried.
    PivotCE will have much to talk about which pleases me greatly. on the other hand I am very pleased to see the achievements of the forum. webos will not die !! I'd love to help with anything.

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2
    It's exciting to watch this progress. only observation i can make on these images so far,

I would make the donation button 1/3 as tall but 3x as wide, then flip the colors. This makes it a long wide bright green bar with b/w text. Still very visible but freeing up vertical space.

Have you considered mimicking the Palm Dark theme as used in Preware, Internalz, impostah, etc? It might bring some uniformity and familiarity to it. Font, button shapes, title bar frames? I don't know if this can be done or is practical.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    I don't know how you are planning the backend, but right know I think it's more important than the fronted. The specification for Preware feeds already includes a price, but today I just don't see any package in Preware with it!

I think we should get all developers to submit their apps to a Preware Feed Provider or host a feed themselves; And than build a GUI around these feeds. pivotCE will present an idea in the next days, stay tuned!
  20.    #20  
    This part of the build is for my Website..

Working on a downloadable app for all devices as this goes along..

Enyo dose not support some of the framework within this build posted here

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast