Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by UI Designer View Post
    I recently went through the long process of setting up a Pre3 from scratch and got it all working well in about a day.

Thank you Brent so much for your wonderful "Guide: Coming (Back) to webOS in 2014, Part 1" article! A few things I came across that would be nice to make more clear include.
    I'm currently drafting an article about the Google updates - when i can get my own head around it!

Perhaps Aressel will update his article, but there may be a case to combine efforts - especially as there is apparently now a possible solution to the root cause of the SHA256 certificate problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by UI Designer View Post
    A problem I came across during this step is when I entered #*DEVMODE# to bypass activation and tapped the call button, Dev Mode was already turned ON and there were no options for me to continue on or do anything else (except to turn Dev Mode OFF), so I was kind of stuck.

Luckily what worked was turning Dev Mode OFF, Pre3 reboot, and then turning it back ON again using #*DEVMODE# yet again. Now after the reboot, the activation screen was finally bypassed and I could use webOS like normal.
    I have run into this on a few devices, and on some, I have been able to do what you did. On others, after turning it off and rebooting, it was still turned on. On those, I had to run the modified devicetool.jar that has the 2.x device images it. I want to say it has only happened with FrankenPre2 devices, on which the meta-doctor turns on dev mode by default, but I'm not 100% certain.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I am following this guide for an AT&T Veer, and I am wondering when exactly you would upgrade to the Doctor 2.2.4 ?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12