Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By mdram
  • 2 Post By jrb363
  • 1 Post By pattyland
  • 4 Post By HelloNNNewman
  1. mdram's Avatar
    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
       #1  
    A year since the last article was written on this site? Wow.
    xandros9 and toaste like this.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdram View Post
    A year since the last article was written on this site? Wow.






    Just curious. Has anything happened within the last year that you believe should have been covered?
  3. mdram's Avatar
    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    Just curious. Has anything happened within the last year that you believe should have been covered?
    No...just can't believe it's been a year.
  4. jrb363's Avatar
    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    Just curious. Has anything happened within the last year that you believe should have been covered?
    OP is a bit ridiculous for saying "no". Plenty has happened:

    - Pivot CE opened up shop
    - Open webOS progress
    - LG purchases webOS assets
    - LG webOS Smart TV
    - How the Smart TV works
    - Hardware breakdown on webOS TV
    - Software breakdown on webOS TV
    - Interviews with former Palm employees
    - Interviews with current American LG staff working on webOS TV
    - Interviews with current Korean LG staff working on webOS TV

    My point is: There is MORE than enough to write about on occasion. Is there enough for every day or even each week? No way in hell. However, there IS enough to keep the site plugging along and keep bringing in members or at least supporting those of us still hanging around. Mobile Nations is just lazy and that's all there is to it.
    Proud owner of a 16GB HP Touchpad since 10/26/2011!
    Proud PALM user since the Palm III in 2002
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrb363 View Post
    OP is a bit ridiculous for saying "no". Plenty has happened:

    - Pivot CE opened up shop
    - Open webOS progress
    - LG purchases webOS assets
    - LG webOS Smart TV
    - How the Smart TV works
    - Hardware breakdown on webOS TV
    - Software breakdown on webOS TV
    - Interviews with former Palm employees
    - Interviews with current American LG staff working on webOS TV
    - Interviews with current Korean LG staff working on webOS TV

    My point is: There is MORE than enough to write about on occasion. Is there enough for every day or even each week? No way in hell. However, there IS enough to keep the site plugging along and keep bringing in members or at least supporting those of us still hanging around. Mobile Nations is just lazy and that's all there is to it.
    Don't forget the Verge article back in January. It should have been here and likely would if they were still keeping it up. Considering the attention it received it would have been a real boost here. At least there would have been a few articles from it, including the release of the source code and continuous progress in a release of Eel
  6. #6  
    Another way to look at it, I guess we can be thankful they at least keep the forum up and running for us.



    Sent from my DX4860 using Tapatalk
  7. mdram's Avatar
    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrb363 View Post
    OP is a bit ridiculous for saying "no". Plenty has happened:

    - Pivot CE opened up shop
    - Open webOS progress
    - LG purchases webOS assets
    - LG webOS Smart TV
    - How the Smart TV works
    - Hardware breakdown on webOS TV
    - Software breakdown on webOS TV
    - Interviews with former Palm employees
    - Interviews with current American LG staff working on webOS TV
    - Interviews with current Korean LG staff working on webOS TV

    My point is: There is MORE than enough to write about on occasion. Is there enough for every day or even each week? No way in hell. However, there IS enough to keep the site plugging along and keep bringing in members or at least supporting those of us still hanging around. Mobile Nations is just lazy and that's all there is to it.
    Hate to tell you but if you think that's enough to keep a for profit site running, then you should try it sometime and let me know how that works for you.

    "On Occasion" doesn't pay the bills.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdram View Post
    profit
    There are people who like to write articles, that's why pivotCE.com is managed by volunteers. Why does all have to make profit?
    jrb363 likes this.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdram View Post
    Hate to tell you but if you think that's enough to keep a for profit site running, then you should try it sometime and let me know how that works for you.

    "On Occasion" doesn't pay the bills.
    You must have missed the announcement Marcus posted a few months ago. This site has basically been cut loose to drift on our own. The Mobile Nations chiefs have been absolutely awesome in allowing the site to live on and not simply shut down (like the competition did in the past). There will not be any more articles on the front page until (if/when) some new major announcement is made to breathe new life into webOS by LG.

    Until that point... you will see the great group at PivotCE post articles here in the forums. The posts will link to their articles and all discussions will be kept here on webOS Nation. We think this is an awesome work-around for all as you will see new stuff posted, and have a place to discuss.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Until that point... you will see the great group at PivotCE post articles here in the forums. The posts will link to their articles and all discussions will be kept here on webOS Nation. We think this is an awesome work-around for all as you will see new stuff posted, and have a place to discuss.
    Woohoo!
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE

Similar Threads

  1. Over a year.
    By bluewanders in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07/19/2010, 05:21 AM
  2. Another Pre this year?
    By cardfan in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03/18/2009, 10:55 AM
  3. I asked last year, I'll ask this year. I know I'm not the only one.
    By slthree in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03/21/2007, 11:57 PM
  4. Was Getting a 600 this bad last year?
    By triacus in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11/18/2004, 10:31 PM

Posting Permissions