Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
    As far as I understood, can't use blackberry hardware with non blackberry software, its all locked down.
    "Rumor" floating around on crackberry that all those blackberry devices running the new OS will be EOL in another one or two software iterations--feel sorry for those guys if so as i think some of those phones are a year or less old.
    I guess Apple will support the iphone 4 for four years, hard to compete with that type of record.
    Interesting, the LG webOS dev is saying that openwebOS and possibly the webOS version running on the touchpad might be able to interface with the webOS tv.

http://forums.webosnation.com/newrep...eply&p=3419126
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Can a BB Q10 be rooted and run Cyanogenmod?. The port relies on drivers that are only available for certain phones: Nexus & some others.
    Unfortunately BB Q10 seems not to be dual bootable / moddable ... at least from what I read so far ...

I really wonder how difficult it would be to reengineer the necessary drivers ... okay, I am dreaming again ... sorry.
    Cheers, Vince
    @webos24net donate
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Interesting, the LG webOS dev is saying that openwebOS and possibly the webOS version running on the touchpad might be able to interface with the webOS tv.

http://forums.webosnation.com/newrep...eply&p=3419126
    my next TV set will certainly be an LG webOS driven one ... webOS world domination through the back door - LOL ...

and again: I really would like to know that, say, 100,000 USD would suffice to port webOS on my BB Q10 - I would instantly start a fund raising campaign ...
    Cheers, Vince
    @webos24net donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince42 View Post
    my next TV set will certainly be an LG webOS driven one ... webOS world domination through the back door - LOL ...

and again: I really would like to know that, say, 100,000 USD would suffice to port webOS on my BB Q10 - I would instantly start a fund raising campaign ...
    BB Q10 with webOS?? +1!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DRS10 View Post
    BB Q10 with webOS?? +1!!!
    Check out the BB Passport just announced today. That would be a sweet WebOS phone. Unique but it looks like the best of both worlds. If LG does not release a WebOS phone, I think this will be the one I'm going to get.

( I do not have any delusions about LG releasing a WebOS phone anytime soon, but I'm likely too optimistic.)
    App request: Please can the music player be called, "Luney Tunes"?

That's all folks.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 06/29/2014 at 06:36 AM.
    Want video proof
    Want video proof
    Install it on your Touchpad and make a video ;-) Instructions are at the Ports wiki ;-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Grabber5.0 and MikeN68 like this.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeytino View Post
    Check out the BB Passport just announced today. That would be a sweet WebOS phone. Unique but it looks like the best of both worlds. If LG does not release a WebOS phone, I think this will be the one I'm going to get.

( I do not have any delusions about LG releasing a WebOS phone anytime soon, but I'm likely too optimistic.)
    Yeah ... if LG only knew what they had ... next I will buy LG TV sets just in order to keep that warm comfy webOS feeling ...

As an owner of a BB Q10, I am crying on a daily basis about not being able to use webOS anymore ... usability is still superior on webOS ... what a shame ... *cry*
    Cheers, Vince
    @webos24net donate
    Yeah ... if LG only knew what they had ... next I will buy LG TV sets just in order to keep that warm comfy webOS feeling ...

As an owner of a BB Q10, I am crying on a daily basis about not being able to use webOS anymore ... usability is still superior on webOS ... what a shame ... *cry*
    WebOS Ports LuneOS is getting better and better First work for phone & messaging app is underway
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Grabber5.0 and Rnp like this.
    My suggest: LG Flex with webOS!

Wow!! Man... this is the REAL FIRST excellent device that LG has made... really impressive, believe me!!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    The Flex is entirely too big!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    The Flex is entirely too big!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    This too apparently
    OnePlus One review: Big, fast, cheap, open, efficient, and unlocked | Ars Technica
    ..and tough to get hold of - invitation only!
    App request: Please can the music player be called, "Luney Tunes"?

That's all folks.
    And get Hedami to let us use "Music (Remix)" as preinstalled standard music player for LuneOS. Oh is it already on Enyo?
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    And get Hedami to let us use "Music (Remix)" as preinstalled standard music player for LuneOS. Oh is it already on Enyo?
    I believe MPR is a PDK app mixed with Mojo if I recall correctly. It is indeed a great app though!
    This too apparently
    OnePlus One review: Big, fast, cheap, open, efficient, and unlocked | Ars Technica
    ..and tough to get hold of - invitation only!
    Ok, but the Flex is LG...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Just finished moving and charging my Touchpad. Cannot wait.

I was about to buy a LG webOS TV, but I found a great clearance deal at BJ's for a Samsung. LG did a great job with it and for the 55" for $999 was a good deal, but got a 6 series from Samsung 55" for $860.
    Let's go LG, be not like HP.

Qualcom 2700 > Touchpoint Dual Band> Samsung n400> Treo 650> Treo 800w> LG Optimus S> Pre > Franken Pre 2 > Moto X
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    It would be so cool, if we could put webOS on every arbitrary phone like you can put Linux on each computer - I would so flash every new device!

Is there a kickstarting initiative for the webOS Ports guys somewhere? Does money even help them?
    Cheers, Vince
    @webos24net donate
    It would be so cool, if we could put webOS on every arbitrary phone like you can put Linux on each computer - I would so flash every new device!

Is there a kickstarting initiative for the webOS Ports guys somewhere? Does money even help them?

Amen

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast