Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By pl212
  • 1 Post By cvendra
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    On this week's show, five years after the launch of the original Palm Pre, Derek Kessler of Mobile Nations talks to Rene about webOS, its rise, its fall, and how its interface and feature set still influence everything from Android to BlackBerry to iOS.

Vector 44: The legacy of webOS | iMore
    Grabber5.0 and jrb363 like this.
    This is killing me :C
    Sigh
    No mention of the port project, so I added a comment. That will bring webOS back to phones regardless of what LG does.

It's depressing how often the best products don't make it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    No mention of the port project, so I added a comment. That will bring webOS back to phones regardless of what LG does.

It's depressing how often the best products don't make it.
    Good comment since Derek says that he does not see LG releasing a webOS smartphone in at least 3 years... but as he also says... who knows, stranger things have happened in the industry (fingers crossed)
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Man I miss webOS. I still use my Touchpad daily but recently the battery has started cutting out randomly at 5-10%. It still gets exceptional battery life but I think it'll probably have to go within the next year or so and I have no clue what I would upgrade to.
    Proud owner of a 16GB HP Touchpad since 10/26/2011!
    Proud PALM user since the Palm III in 2002
    Every phone should have a mirror
    LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by jrb363 View Post
    Man I miss webOS. I still use my Touchpad daily but recently the battery has started cutting out randomly at 5-10%. It still gets exceptional battery life but I think it'll probably have to go within the next year or so and I have no clue what I would upgrade to.
    Clue: 'How about a replacement battery?'

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    You can replace it? I mean actually, not in theory... ;-)
    there are threads that talk about replacing the battery. IIRC the problem is it's difficult to open, because it's glued together. Once the battery degrades to a point where the thing is worthless though, what is there to lose? Might as well give it a try.
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    Just started missing webos again.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.