Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mattmers
  1.    #1  
    So I have always been a cheap headphone buyer and I always give the ones that come with a phone a go. I use to buy cheap sony heaphones because they were reliable and decent. I usually go through about 1 set every 6 months. After getting my palm pre 2 my sony headphones crapped out so I pulled my palm ones out. Their sound quality is great, and the last a good while. I'm on my second pair after about 2 years. These are much better then the ones you get from Blackberry and Nokia. And they are magnetic so they are cool. Just my random input on yet another great thing from palm.
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
    barryb20 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmers View Post
    So I have always been a cheap headphone buyer and I always give the ones that come with a phone a go. I use to buy cheap sony heaphones because they were reliable and decent. I usually go through about 1 set every 6 months. After getting my palm pre 2 my sony headphones crapped out so I pulled my palm ones out. Their sound quality is great, and the last a good while. I'm on my second pair after about 2 years. These are much better then the ones you get from Blackberry and Nokia. And they are magnetic so they are cool. Just my random input on yet another great thing from palm.
    I actually found the pre 2 earphones to be marginally worse than the old iPod ones. So I'd say that the EarPods are probably the best of the normal stock phone earphones. The nokia and blackberry ones although are in/ear are fairly shocking in comparison.
    Compared to many I've used, they are pretty good. Unfortunately I think my son ruined all of mine (and I had quite a few pairs!), and the iPhone headphones don't work on the Pre for a headset (found out when I kept getting muted when I tried to talk on conference calls at work - it would send a loud noise over the line but no voice, so they would seemingly ignore me and mute my line).

Sent using WebOS Nation mobile app
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I must say that I like the (pre3) headphones very much - considering quality, sound and reliablility.

Is it possible to purchase an new pair somewhere?

Best Joerg
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Compared to many I've used, they are pretty good. Unfortunately I think my son ruined all of mine (and I had quite a few pairs!), and the iPhone headphones don't work on the Pre for a headset (found out when I kept getting muted when I tried to talk on conference calls at work - it would send a loud noise over the line but no voice, so they would seemingly ignore me and mute my line).

Sent using WebOS Nation mobile app
    You totally right about Apple earpods headphones, they won't work much with the Palm smartphones when it comes to the microphone and the volume controls(when it comes with pausing music or on calls). And one thing that any kind of headset doesn't play well with my Palm's Pre 3 device, which prompted me to purchase Palms headphone again online since it gives me better control and allows me to talk on the headset microphone without any troubles.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    I hate to ask without searching, but where is a good place to buy the Palm headphones?
    HP Pre 3 Headsets - Mobile Nations Mobile Accessories No actual HP/Palm ones, so be sure they are actually compatible...

Nothing on HP's site, but maybe support would know where some spares are left...?
    Speakers & Headsets | HP Official Store

I suppose there must be 'control types' of these things - for the Apple ones not to work. There can't be that many different systems. If new original earbuds aren't available, perhaps we can identify the system type, then what's compatible that also sounds good.

There are four contacts on the jack plug supporting stereo out, mic in and the button.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 06/04/2014 at 08:28 AM.
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Palm/HP headphone jacks are compatible with headphones made for Android, not Apple. I took a chance and ordered the Eytmotic headphones for Android. They work perfectly including the control button.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad