1.    #1  
    I have read that Kyoceras' new 7135 will incoorporate a new Web Browser "iPanel" from www.embisoft.com .

If it lives up to the specs it will become THE web browser of hand helds.

My question is has any seen this thing in operation?? And if so how about some feedback.

A "Real" browser would fill in one of the missing links for the Treo

Saul
    A reply from the company:

It will be available on PalmGear and HandanGo in a month or so.

Regards

iPanel Wireless Support Group
    Emedded Internet Solutions Inc.
    http://www.embisoft.com

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: 2003N312 1:39
    To: sales@embisoft.com
    Subject: EIS Web for Palm OS'

Is EIS Web for Palm OS going to be available for purchase or download soon? Your News release on your website said Fall 2002.

Paul
    It's onboard the 7135's ROM. I've tried it, I didn't like it. Xiino is better, so is Blazer, as is the Novarra browser found on the Tungsten (WebPro).

EIS is a microbrowser - not a really a full browser AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $i$.$e$. $they$ $do$ $it$ $via$ $proxy$ $just$ $like$ $the$ $rest$ $of$ $em$. $Not$ $worth$ $waiting$ $for$ $IMO$.

The only proxy-free browsers that are publicly known is the old Eudora browser and the upcoming Web Browser 2.0 which is for OS 5.1 and above only.

-W
    Will Lau

www.snappermail.com

A Killer Email Client for Palm OS Smartphones, now available...
    What about the javascript 1.3 module, or support for CSS or XML? Any noticeable impact with specific web sites? Some of this, I would imagine, would be an advantage.
    I think you'll find that most browsers support Javascript so some extent on the procy end and then translate it to the thin client browser on the Palm. Xiino, Novarra, Blazer....

Not sure about the CSS or XML.

-W
    Will Lau

www.snappermail.com

A Killer Email Client for Palm OS Smartphones, now available...
    Originally posted by snapperfish
    The only proxy-free browsers that are publicly known is the old Eudora browser and the upcoming Web Browser 2.0 which is for OS 5.1 and above only.
    PocketLink claims to be a proxy-less browser as well.

Here's their web site:
    http://www.mdevelop.com/E_index.jsp

BTW, I've tried PocketLink (still have the demo installed as a matter of fact). It's not bad, though not really any better than Blazer, though if you need a proxyless browser for whatever reason, it works well.

Scott