1.    #1  
    http://www.t-mobile.com/info/opt_ser...time/basic.asp

BuddyTime
    For just $10.00 a month BuddyTime gets you:
    • Unlimited national mobile-to-mobile calling to any T-Mobile customer in the country
    • Unlimited 2-way text messaging
    • You can also get unlimited news, weather, and sports alerts sent directly to your phone
    • Unlimited AOL Instant Messenger service gives you access to your Buddy List feature for fast, easy contact with your friends

You can add BuddyTime to any T-Mobile consumer National Get More rate plan excluding the $19.99 Basic Plan. FamilyTime, EasySpeak, Pooling and Regional plans are excluded, as well. Coverage only available on our domestic GSM/GPRS network and that of our roaming partners, but not in all locations. Limited time offer and subject to change or revocation with out notice.
    It's $10/mo but for those of you already getting the 500 messages for $2.99, you can cancel that and it becomes an additional $7/mo. The unlimited T-Mobile to T-Mobile is nice, too. I'm probably going to do this tonight, as I use AIM over SMS a lot, and like to get an SMS every time I get an e-mail. The one thing I'm curious about is if this includes just regular alerts or also includes the On-Demand Alerts. I would like to use them (for baseball scores, of course), but won't at 20 cents each. With GPRS, I don't really need them, but it would be nice.

I'll post when I find out.
  2.    #2  
    On-demand alerts aren't included. Still, it's an additional $7/mo (for me, because I had and cancelled the 500 messages) for unlimited AIM and unlimited t-mobile to t-mobile calling.

Oh, and I can turn on receiving an SMS every time I get e-mail again.

Well worth it, in my opinion, if you IM a lot.
    Originally posted by metsfan
    On-demand alerts aren't included. Still, it's an additional $7/mo (for me, because I had and cancelled the 500 messages) for unlimited AIM and unlimited t-mobile to t-mobile calling.

Oh, and I can turn on receiving an SMS every time I get e-mail again.

Well worth it, in my opinion, if you IM a lot.
    What do you use for AIM over SMS? I tried QuickChat and it was extremely sluggish. VeriChat only receives via SMS (not send) when you're not in the application.

Thanks.
  4.    #4  
    I used to use Quick Chat, but got sick of it being sluggish, so I wrote my own. It's nearing release, but works pretty well.

There's a prerelease version attached to this thread.
    Bad news - Unlimited buddy time is only available to individual rate plans. You can't add it to a family plan. <pout>