1.    #1  
    Hey does anyone know if it is possible now to connect a Treo 300 to a wireless network?

thanks
    whats the network? 802.11b? and connect it to do what...
  3.    #3  
    Yes, well the reasons I can think of are: transfer data between desktop and Treo, to use High speed internet connection connect to router.
    No you can't. You need some sort of expansion to have an 802.11 SD or CF card. This does not exist.
    If only we could have used the USB port...

I'm sure that USB to Wi-Fi adaptors are out there, or will soon be.

The only issue is - can this support be added to the PalmOS using a hack ? or does it require a HW change ?

Any one has contacts at Palm or HS, to give us a formal answer?
    I'm not sure this is the solution you're looking for, but I know softstick offers an app that allows you to connect via usb to PC's lan.
    Originally posted by halperin
    If only we could have used the USB port...

I'm sure that USB to Wi-Fi adaptors are out there, or will soon be.

The only issue is - can this support be added to the PalmOS using a hack ? or does it require a HW change ?
    It would require a hardware change. A device is either configured to be a USB master or slave, and PDAs are slave devices.
    Too bad you can't connect the Treo to the Possio PX30, or can you? This thing is a BT+wifi gateway via usb conneciton...

http://www.possio.com/images/products/px30_small.gif

Any thoughts if this is possibly compatible with the Treo?
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Too bad you can't connect the Treo to the Possio PX30, or can you? This thing is a BT+wifi gateway via usb conneciton...

Any thoughts if this is possibly compatible with the Treo?
    No, it isn't compatible. I'm sorry if my earlier response wasn't clear. USB peripherals are just that, peripherals. Having a Treo operate the PX30 would be like a monitor operating a keyboard.
    Originally posted by Lucky_One

No, it isn't compatible. I'm sorry if my earlier response wasn't clear. USB peripherals are just that, peripherals. Having a Treo operate the PX30 would be like a monitor operating a keyboard.
    Are you sure about this? It seems the PX30 can at as a master:

Hardware

• Intel® PXA250 Applications Processor XScale

• Integrated Bluetooth

• USB-host

• Ethernet 10/100

• 16 MB FlashPROM, 32 MB SDRAM

• The PC card and Compact Flash card slots

supports different cards with different

functionalities such as memory cards,

802.11b, UMTS, GPRS cards
    Perhaps I'm totally wrong here, but couldn't this be possible if a uab driver for the Treo were available?

Also getting back to the original question, if the above is impoosible, then I think you could still use a IR-to wifi gateway like the Compex iRE201 IR Access Point reviewed on PIC. It seems to work with PalmOS pda's so I imagine it would be compatible with Treos...
    You just might be right. That device may be a master and not a peripheral. I went to the web site, but I couldn't find a manual for that particular device.

I hope you do prove me wrong. ; )
    Just wondering if anyone has had success with this yet? Any updates? Has anyone tried the Compex or Possio?