1.    #1  
    Under Discussion/Settings/Options there is mention of subscribed threads and subscribed forums. How do these settings work? How does one subscribe to a thread?

Along similar lines I sometimes am trying to read "New Posts" and, when I hit the back button on the browser, TreoCentral redoes the search for new posts (automatically) and I lose the complete list of new posts (i.e. I end up with the latest one or two posts and not the original list). Is anyone else having this problem (of having the new posts counter being automatically reset)? Thank you for any input.

Originally posted by copernicus
    Under Discussion/Settings/Options there is mention of subscribed threads and subscribed forums. How do these settings work? How does one subscribe to a thread?
    Hi Copernicus! -->> Just click on the underlined text at the bottom of that page which says:

Receive updates to this thread

Originally posted by copernicus
    Along similar lines I sometimes am trying to read "New Posts" and, when I hit the back button on the browser, TreoCentral redoes the search for new posts (automatically) and I lose the complete list of new posts (i.e. I end up with the latest one or two posts and not the original list). Is anyone else having this problem (of having the new posts counter being automatically reset)? Thank you for any input.

I have the same problem. It kind of defeats the value of using New Posts. Any visit or re-visit to the site resets the "read" flag on all posts across the board. I previously posted a question to the moderators asking if this could be fine-tuned, but maybe they didn't see it as there has been no response posted.

Regards,

Nates
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    However, if you use only the Back button and are careful not to refresh the page, you should be able to "sneak up" on the existing list of New Posts without re-trigerring the Search.

Regards,

Nates
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
  4.    #4  
    I appreciate the input Nates. The board software has some really excellent aspects to it; but, as always, there are areas where it might be improved. I notice that when I sync the Treo it also updates the counter and I am having to take that into consideration too. Bottom line, I end up missing many posts.

Last edited by copernicus; 03/11/2003 at 09:55 AM.
  5.    #5  
    I thought this was an email notification, perhaps that is what being subscribed is. Anyway, I'll give it a try (again?) and see. Thank you.

I noticed that it says an SMS notification will be coming soon. That sounds quite convenient.

Originally posted by NateS

Hi Copernicus! -->> Just click on the underlined text at the bottom of that page which says:

Receive updates to this thread

Last edited by copernicus; 03/11/2003 at 10:01 AM.