Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Shuswap
  • 1 Post By johnsonx42
  1.    #1  
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    What do the webOS faithful get? Other than firesale pricing on TouchPads, of course.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    There's almost nothing left to say. It's a tragedy, wrapped up in a catastrophe.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Nexus 4
    C-Note and xandros9 like this.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    A bit of moral satisfaction but it'd be much better, if the persons responsible were to pay from their own pockets...
    Are you sure this is not an April Fools joke?
    Quote Originally Posted by rnld View Post
    Are you sure this is not an April Fools joke?
    I wondered that, but I think there was a lawsuit. I think traded companies have to be quite careful with the statements they make for fear of this kind of action.
    $57 million? meg may have to root around in the executive office's couch cushions for FIVE WHOLE MINUTES to come up with that much.
    laingman likes this.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    HP lost 70% of stock value around that time. ( yes I had some HP stock from more optimistic days. It still hasn't recovered to 2011 levels!) so this lawsuit value is minimal to the billions of value lost. So this amount really isn't that significant. Probably they couldn't pin the billions of dollars lost from HP's bad management and weakening hardware sales to pin it on to webos which was a small part of HP. (even though the most exciting). The autonomy lawsuit is still pending and much more money than the webos shut-down.
    57 million What a bargain.

The judge should ordered HP to make a new webOS smartphone instead and using that $57 million as initial investement.
    Quote Originally Posted by briest View Post
    A bit of moral satisfaction but it'd be much better, if the persons responsible were to pay from their own pockets...

Why that Leo and his band would not receive such bill to pay from Hewlett Packard...
    Those guys never pay what they screwed anyway
    I want to sue every company where I owned stock because they said they would do well but didn't.
    Last edited by rnld; 04/02/2014 at 12:08 PM.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    What a pathetic judgment. HP lost billions over webOS and I believe purposefully misled stockholders. The board knew they weren't "all in" with their webOS plans, but sold it hook, line and sinker to the tech community. When it failed and they had to dump their inventory they dropped like a rock. I was hoping for at least a few hundred million in penalties to make HP feel the burn from their stupid decisions but I guess not.
    Proud owner of a 16GB HP Touchpad since 10/26/2011!
    Proud PALM user since the Palm III in 2002
    Bottom line, the Touchpad didn't sell. You can't be all in with a product the public rejects.
    I don't think it would have been rejected so harshly had it been priced as it should have.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    This kind of thing SHOULD have earned an article in the latest stories page. How long would it have taken to write?
    There was a lawsuit.. guess this is the final ruling. Geez... Leo's golden parachute was several million and he walked away and started at another company like nothing happened in his life.

Per his wiki page:
    "During his tenure as chief executive at HP, the company lost more than $30 billion in market capitalization after a series of strategic missteps by the company, leading to his resignation."

"Though Apotheker served barely ten months, he received over $13 million in compensation: a severance payment of $7.2 million, shares worth $3.56 million, and a performance bonus of $2.4 million,[17] although the company lost more than $30 billion in market capitalization during his tenure."
    THAT's where the money should be coming from to pay the legal ruling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I don't think it would have been rejected so harshly had it been priced as it should have.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    It was priced with all the other tablets. They did lower the price twice before the fire sale.

I don't believe they thought it would be greeted with ho hum.
    $57 million... chump change for them. Basically it was a "go away" payment to keep the investment houses off their back. Nothing for the little guy... like the employees who got torched by this affair.
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )