1.    #1  
    The stylus is stuck and I can't get it out. Any ideas from anyone?
    Originally posted by Raphaelhom
    The stylus is stuck and I can't get it out. Any ideas from anyone?
    That is so weird - this just happened to me this afternoon! I fixed it, but...my solution may void your warranty - so TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

I bought a "Jeweler's screwdriver" set - the kind that you use for eyeglasses and whatnot. I took the smallest phillips screwdriver and unscrewed all 4 screws on the back of the unit. Then I pried open the side where the stylus is. JUST THAT SIDE. I didn't try to pull the back off, just opened it enough to slip the screwdriver in and poke out the stylus. Then I screwed everything back together and it's working just fine.

I've had 4 returns to Sprint already - and I've reached the point where if I can do anything without standing on line at the Sprint Store I'll do it!

Larry Z.
  3.    #3  
    Well----------thanks for the idea...........maybe I'll take it sprint and see what they do with it.............

what other stuff has happened to yours?
    Well----------thanks for the idea...........maybe I'll take it sprint and see what they do with it.............

what other stuff has happened to yours?
    Heh, heh, heh...

Treo 180 - Worked okay, except my Cingular service was awful. Couldn't wait for the color model - the 270!

Treo 270 A - Crashed constantly - bad memory. Returned.

Treo 270 B - Worked, but suffered from the same bad reception on Cingular. Gleefully gave it to a friend when the Treo 300 was released, looking forward to better reception.

Treo 300 A - The "i" key stuck into the base when pressed. Eventually it didn't pop back out. Returned for...

Treo 300 B - Screen was so dim it was barely readable compared to other Treo 300's. Even the Sprint folks couldn't believe it. Returned for...

Treo 300 C - Worked for several months. My record, until the screen began to go white on me repeatedly (more on this posted elsewhere). Finally returned for...

Treo 300 D - My current unit. Works fine - but can you blame me for a little guilty pleasure as I pried the back off of it?

Good luck with your return!
    Larry Z.
  5.    #5  
    I took the Treo 300 into the Spint store today on the way to work and they took a pliers and pulled the stylus out and said to go over to Best Buy and buy a new sylus.

Boy----you've been through a lot.............you are certainly persistent

Randy
    I took the Treo 300 into the Spint store today on the way to work and they took a pliers and pulled the stylus out and said to go over to Best Buy and buy a new sylus.

Boy----you've been through a lot.............you are certainly persistent

Randy
    What can I say? I really like the Treo's. I just wish they were more stable. Maybe the next version...

LZ
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Raphael,

I can believe that Sprint told you to go to Best Buy & get another stylus. Was the stylus the original one that came with the TREO? If so, very bad customer service. Sprint should have provided you with a new stlus. Cheap-skates! Customer Service ALL OVER THE PLACE THESE DAYS but it's not just Sprint.

Ok, enough of my ranting...