Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 3 Post By Preemptive
  • 1 Post By eblade
  1.    #1  
    Yes, I know that the webOS Nations site isn't part of the top-bar any longer for Mobile Nations, but we are still a part of them (and they are graciously still supporting us). For those of you who aren't aware, the newest Community Update has been posted.

Take a read and see what's new for Mobile Nations!

The Mobile Nations Community Update, January 2014
    The only mention of webOS on this long page is in the footer .. else nothing (yet).
    Please leave comments on that page - what do you expect ..
  3.    #3  
    There isn't any mention of webOS yet because there really hasn't been any news. webOS televisions were just announced, but until they actually hit the consumer market it is still going to be a bit quiet. But yes, at least they still have us listed there
    Choorp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Yes, I know that the webOS Nations site isn't part of the top-bar any longer for Mobile Nations, but we are still a part of them (and they are graciously still supporting us). For those of you who aren't aware, the newest Community Update has been posted.

Take a read and see what's new for Mobile Nations!

The Mobile Nations Community Update, January 2014
    Hmmm...

MODERATOR MENTIONS

Well, I'd just like to tip my digital hat to HelloNNNewman.

Thanks for all your hard work.
    HelloNNNewman, ananimus and Rnp like this.
  5.    #5  
    LOL There are lots of mods across all the sites, but thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    There isn't any mention of webOS yet because there really hasn't been any news. webOS televisions were just announced, but until they actually hit the consumer market it is still going to be a bit quiet. But yes, at least they still have us listed there
    I think there's been plenty of things that would be worthy of front page updates on the nation here. ACLs release, ACLs pull, ACL going back to development stage, webOS TVs, Android theme that mimics what little has been seen of webOS TVs, certificate issues (and their fix) for outlook/hotmail, Apps World, the 3 minute long LG "commercial", qualcomm, what else are we missing out on...

:-)
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    creepingmee likes this.
    Of course.

Now, I do "get" that this is "mobile nations", and it's quite difficult to jam a giant display into your travel bags, but, hey, people do take around their Galaxy Notes, so whatevs.

Seriously, though, it is webOS Nation, and webOS's current life is on things that aren't easily mobile. If mobile nations doesn't want to be associated with non-mobiles, that's their prerogative, for sure.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    You pretty much captured it all, eblade. webOS in its current state cannot make MOBILE Nations any money and without revenue from product sales, ads, and heavy site traffic they can't afford to pay man-hours to update the site. At least, the justification to fund that type of maintenance just isn't there. Who can blame them? But you watch, the minute webOS re-enters the mobile arena...they'll be back. And we'll be here
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE