Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Uhm, HP added a soft rubber-like feel to the Pre 3 whereas the Pre 2 was all plasticky feeling. For you it might not make a difference but for me it does. I feel the difference b/w those feelings and I prefer the rubbery-like feel.

Also: note the flaw in your post. I never said HP designed better than Palm (aside from the feeling), I was COMPARING to LG in terms of design and I did note "HP Palm" as I'm talking about Palm's era under the HP flag.
    sorry i didn't mean to sound critical of your comment, these days i often just reflexively kick HP in the virtual nuts. my point was simply that the form factor originated with Palm and I don't see any HP innovation in the designs of the Pre3, TPad, or Veer - which they could have benefited from.

but - the soft-rubber feel has been around since the intro of the Touchstone replacement back. This Pre2 and Veer I'm holding feel equally rubbery. no?

The Veer and Pre3 DO have smoother edges, and the physical buttons are higher quality. but i think the Pre2 seems a little less slippery than the Pre3 and Veer. They are a little too much like a bar of soap which i really dont want to drop!
    I dropped my Pre 3 numerous times on accident, it has no scratches other than the HP logo, no bruises and it still works fine. So the back is very, very good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    I dropped my Pre 3 numerous times on accident, it has no scratches other than the HP logo, no bruises and it still works fine. So the back is very, very good.
    I find irony that the only thing marred is the hp logo.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeytino View Post
    I find irony that the only thing marred is the hp logo.
    LOL, I know right?
    I can see why HP would not go back to WebOS. Building your own mobile eco system from the ground up when you have two others dominating the market is hard work - just ask Microsoft. Can you imagine HP wanting to put in that much work? Of course they took the easy way out.

At this point, their previous work on WebOS is not going to do them much good. All the engineers who built the thing are gone, so they'd have to spend time picking the thing apart to learn how it works again. Yes there is Open WebOS, but Android was open from the start and is very popular so it's easier to find and bring in people who know how it works.

... and of course they'd have to rebuild all the good will and credibility with *everyone* if they wanted to pick up again with WebOS. With Android you just have to play nice with Google (and maybe hire some good marketers :-) ).
    Quote Originally Posted by xortenterprises View Post
    I can see why HP would not go back to WebOS. Building your own mobile eco system from the ground up when you have two others dominating the market is hard work - just ask Microsoft. Can you imagine HP wanting to put in that much work? Of course they took the easy way out.
    But they don't need to be mainstream and with that thought and goal in mind they actually can pull it off - just ask Jolla.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12