1.    #1  
    anyone know of a way to print memo pad messages via ir to an ir equipped printer?
    I've never tried but I have read in one forum that it is as simple as menu "send memo" ( :menu:M) command from the memo window. (It may be something slightly different than "send memo", I translated it from my french menu "transmettre memo")
    TreoBuddy
    TreoFrance , la première communauté francophone entièrement dédiée au Treo
    To do it you need a printer app. PalmPrint (I use it, works great) PrintBoy and somebody else all make printer apps capable of printing a lot from your Palm.

I've tried a few freeware apps that claim to do it, but none worked. All are priced around $30 or so. That's steep, but a necessity of you want to print.
    I did not need any 3rd party software to print a memopad document directly from my treo to an HP2200 (ir capable). Just "beam memo". it also works for an individual contact and calendar item. It cannot beam a print out of your entire day's calendar and it does not work with documents-to-go.
  5.    #5  
    yeah tried sending memo, the printer's ir indicator light came on, but the treo said no computer found after a little while.

oh well, thanks for the help guys. ill try one of those apps.
    Originally posted by ephman
    I did not need any 3rd party software to print a memopad document directly from my treo to an HP2200 (ir capable). Just "beam memo". it also works for an individual contact and calendar item. It cannot beam a print out of your entire day's calendar and it does not work with documents-to-go.
    Hello.

I'm trying to use the "beam memo" feature to print to my HP LaserJet 2100M, and I get the same response as the other user. What revision of OS are you running? Maybe I'll have to upgrade mine to support that feature. Products shouldn't work for some and not for others. If it works for you, it should work for all assuming the same revision, and the hardware is functioning properly.

Thanks
    I am using PalmOS v3.5.2 H5.6. This function worked right out of the box.

Why wouldn't it be the printer that is the difference?
    I use Instep Print and Fax. It supports a few palm-based office applications.
    joe
    Originally posted by ephman
    I am using PalmOS v3.5.2 H5.6. This function worked right out of the box.

Why wouldn't it be the printer that is the difference?
    The printer could always be the difference, but my experience with HP has been that they reuse the same code whether high end models or even entry level for the same function. Hence, it is my belief that the same code that is used for IR processing is the same for your model as mine. I remember I had difficulty printing a memo from my Treo on the office LaserJet. The office LaserJet is a 8150 series.

Will have to dig into this a bit further. Thanks for the info on your firmware rev.
    There are a couple of programmes on palmgear, Memo Printer & also Print Memo

Memo printer is freeware...... have tried this and it works on my treo 180 with my hp printer via IR

Print Memo looks much the same.....but have not tried this one......its cost $5!

both are quiet old programmes
    Last edited by donnorf; 05/12/2003 at 03:48 PM.