Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By John Steffes
  • 1 Post By John Steffes
  1.    #1  
    these may go down a lot for all i know.

what i do know is that right NOW, i'm playing with 3 webOS phones and signing in and out of profiles, doctoring and Prewaring and Impostahing and etc etc.

so when i'm wondering why stuff's not working??? oh hey i finally figure out the last thing on the list of things to check, is the server up? seems not. so that's why your palm profile id is missing in device info, and impostah is throwing error from the activation tab.

cheers to good timing. either you got it or you dont.
    Hmm...I was wondering...
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    cant sign in to app touchpad catolog
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    these may go down a lot for all i know.

what i do know is that right NOW, i'm playing with 3 webOS phones and signing in and out of profiles, doctoring and Prewaring and Impostahing and etc etc.

so when i'm wondering why stuff's not working??? oh hey i finally figure out the last thing on the list of things to check, is the server up? seems not. so that's why your palm profile id is missing in device info, and impostah is throwing error from the activation tab.

cheers to good timing. either you got it or you dont.
    man, have I got sucky timing or what?! Had to doctor a phone (lost _everything_ that was not built-in), and have been wondering why I can't login to the profile.

:-(
    US Robotics Palm Pilot with 2MB memory upgrade --> Handspring Visor Deluxe --> Handspring Visor Platinum --> Palm Tungsten T3 --> Palm Treo 680 --> Pre2 --> Touchpad (10 weeks 1 day 23 hours from order to receipt)
    Seems it is only the profile servers: https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/console

Backup and App Catalog are still working fine (as of this post) at least on my Verizon devices.

I am sure we can call HP/Palm, and they will ignore it as much as they ignored webOS...

Wow? Seems to be working now (on my Touchpad), maybe HP/Palm cares? Maybe they are working on something with LG for their TV's?
    Last edited by John Steffes; 12/29/2013 at 08:47 PM.
    MAMISHO and Vistaus like this.
  6.    #6  
    it wasn't down long at all. just an odd occurrence that apparently affected a couple people besides myself.

hopefully it was just for data center related maintenance and nothing specific to our host server.
    I backed up, wiped, and redoctored my TouchPad tonight. I still can't login...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    I backed up, wiped, and redoctored my TouchPad tonight. I still can't login...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    both of my phones display the palm profile address in device info app. previously was blank.

i just now logged into both of my palm profiles at the hp site. one has my Pre2 and TP; the other my new Veer. Previously I couldnt even get to the login page, it said internal error something.

check here yet?
    https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface

the TP may not be on there if you redoctored, but you should be able to sign in by now.

if not, either wait 'til tomorrow, or put it in devmode, install and use impostah > activation tab to attempt logging in that way.
    All webOS servers seem to be down?

App Catalog shows Triangle on all my Devices connect to an account...

Last backup was 1/3/2014 @ 7:36 AM can not make a backup currently...

Can't Manage my Account thru HP/Palm web site...

HP Touchpad Accounts App can not talk to server errors out:

Error Must be connected to a network to communicate with HP's Cloud Services.
    Hmmz palm-catalog and palm-web feeds in Preware still work. Maybe they're doing updates for LG's new app store :-P

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    just updated an app on touchpad, no problem.
    can't remember where backup services info on touchpad resides..,
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    just updated an app on touchpad, no problem.
    can't remember where backup services info on touchpad resides..,
    Tried again, they seem to be back...

Maybe they are virtualizing the old palm servers or moving to to new hardware? Cold migrating them?
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Seems it is only the profile servers: https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/console

Backup and App Catalog are still working fine (as of this post) at least on my Verizon devices.

I am sure we can call HP/Palm, and they will ignore it as much as they ignored webOS...

Wow? Seems to be working now (on my Touchpad), maybe HP/Palm cares? Maybe they are working on something with LG for their TV's?
    As much as I agree, funny thing is: if HP really didn't care about webOS then I wonder why they still haven't pulled the plug yet. They had the oppurtunity when that certifcate was about to expire. But instead, they released at least something to solve it and they still haven't pulled the plug yet and still accept apps and updates in the App Catalog. More than 2 years after they stopped actual webOS development.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    As much as I agree, funny thing is: if HP really didn't care about webOS then I wonder why they still haven't pulled the plug yet. They had the oppurtunity when that certifcate was about to expire. But instead, they released at least something to solve it and they still haven't pulled the plug yet and still accept apps and updates in the App Catalog. More than 2 years after they stopped actual webOS development.
    Do not know all the legal ends and outs of contracts...

But HP has a contract with carriers and with the end user, some countries vary on the terms, but I assume HP/Palm do what they do for webOS because of contracts not because they care about webOS...

Just got a notice about an HP Slate 7 HD...

HP Slate7 HD 4G | HP® Official Store

They still overprice and under deliver...

They are not trying to be the HP of yesterday, they are just trying to stay alive...

If they cared more about webOS in my opinion they would do more for the existing users and at least attempt to get developers to update their existing apps... Just keeping the doors open when the shelves are empty/or broken does not help us...
    geekpeter likes this.

But HP has a contract with carriers and with the end user, some countries vary on the terms, but I assume HP/Palm do what they do for webOS because of contracts not because they care about webOS...

They are not trying to be the HP of yesterday, they are just trying to stay alive...

If they cared more about webOS in my opinion they would do more for the existing users and at least attempt to get developers to update their existing apps... Just keeping the doors open when the shelves are empty/or broken does not help us...
    HP BOARD / PPL IN CHARGE.

http://blog.antonemdin.com/wp-conten...0/09/cooks.jpg
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    I've been trying There have been various builds of FeedSpider sitting in limbo for weeks now, just waiting for HP to push them to the App Catalog. I've been getting concerned and frustrated, considering that the last new/updated apps appeared on November 26.

I didn't say they care "a lot", I just said "care".
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post

(...)

I kind of agree with you both. It's clear especially from the recent article, that webOS development continued after the cessation of hardware production. This would suggest that HP still valued the software even if the sales figures on the hardware didn't add up. Personally, I think a significant, but not 'firesale' price drop would have been a better strategy to give the 2011 models a chance in the market place rather than just hitting the brakes - especially as there was no quality Android tablet at the time. This may at least have enabled webOS to 'fade' rather than crash or possibly start to gain market share. Of course, a 'wait and see' policy can make you unready for success as in the fast moving world of mobile, development has to be continuous. Anyhow, I must try to avoid being a 'backseat ceo'.

HP continued to develop webOS, Meg Whitman then decided to open-source rather than kill it. The 'semi-patch' for the app catalogue arrived. I imagine one server may be enough for all the active accounts now and it's good PRPRPR $for$ $HP$ $to$ $make$ $this$ $minimal$ $effort$. $There$ $has$ $always$ $been$ $the$ $faint$ $possibility$ $of$ $a$ $webOS$ $comeback$ $and$ $things$ $look$ $brighter$ $with$ $LG$ - $for$ $now$. ;-) $HP$ $could$ $still$ $cash$ $in$ $if$ $things$ $go$ $well$. $Even$ $if$ $they$ $sell$ $the$ $IP$, $it$ $will$ $no$ $doubt$ $include$ $the$ $right$ $to$ $use$ $webOS$. $It$ $makes$ $sense$ $for$ $a$ $company$ $the$ $size$ $of$ $HP$ $to$ $allow$ $webOS$ $to$ $have$ $a$ $faint$ $pulse$ $still$. $Good$ $for$ $relations$ $with$ $LG$, $good$ $for$ $a$ $long$ $shot$ $bet$ $on$ $the$ $future$ $and$ $good$ $for$ $PR$. $I$ $expect$ $1$ $or$ $2$ $people$ $take$ $maybe$ $a$ $day$ $per$ $week$ $or$ $month$ $to$ $update$ $the$ $catalogue$ - $not$ $a$ $biggie$ $for$ $HP$, $though$ $the$ $size$ $of$ $the$ $latest$ $job$ $cuts$ $looks$ $bad$.