1.    #1  
    BBC News - Blackberry and Foxconn agree a five-year deal

missed this bit of news until today, wonder how that will fair out for them in the future.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    BBC News - Blackberry and Foxconn agree a five-year deal

missed this bit of news until today, wonder how that will fair out for them in the future.
    Personally, I think the guy might be able to do something....

1. Get the run rate going with the low cost devices via foxconn - running the same OS.
    2. Get R&D for high end devices to meet business market requirements - running the same OS.
    3. Get developers to develop or MAYBE get someone 'OM?" to develop an emulator for their OS to run Android software?? -this I would not be surprised.
    4. Get Enterprise people on their messaging software -running android or BB phones - and provide Enhanced paid service offerings - e.g encrypted messaging systems , email systems to secure enterprise and other customers.
    5. Be lean and get their products out on time.
    6. Remove the beauractactic culture in BB.
    I dunno. I think there's still plenty more bad news circling BB at the moment. Like cancelled devices and conferences.

BlackBerry SEC filings confirm two BlackBerry 10 devices canceled | CrackBerry.com
    BlackBerry's latest casualty: Two unreleased phones
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    I dunno. I think there's still plenty more bad news circling BB at the moment. Like cancelled devices and conferences.

BlackBerry SEC filings confirm two BlackBerry 10 devices canceled | CrackBerry.com
    BlackBerry's latest casualty: Two unreleased phones
    I think they got their priorities right.

1. Manage cash flow. They've received a 1B infusion....so now is to cut the red - in key areas that waste monies..
    - such as conferences (that does not value-add or which does not provide information to the market - e.g new phones, direction, etc).
    - cancelling handsets - especially those they've decided will not be successful is a good plan. Focus on limited models, to meet key requirements. Making 20 handsets and pouring R&D like water hoping 1-2 will make it is not the right way...
    - subcontracting to Apple's subcon for mass production devices makes sense -- get the marketshare, get these people to use the new 'os' and see the market grow.