1.    #1  
    Can software be patented? Supreme Court to decide - NBC News.com

Wow... I thought code was like art, patented...

If they decide it is not the fair game to any digital media as all goes down to zeros and ones...
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Wow... I thought code was like art, patented...
    Art isn't patented. Art falls under the copyright laws as well as the personality rights law. The copyrights can be sold, the personality rights cannot. The personality rights state that the bond between the creator and the art such is that is can never be broken. That is why - even when the copyrights are sold - you are still not allowed to claim a piece as your own or even make vandalizing changes (other changes are allowed for the copyright-holder).

Code falls under the copyright laws as well (as it should be!)

ps. I base this mostly on the laws in the Netherlands, as I am most familiar with those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misj' View Post
    Art isn't patented. Art falls under the copyright laws as well as the personality rights law. The copyrights can be sold, the personality rights cannot. The personality rights state that the bond between the creator and the art such is that is can never be broken. That is why - even when the copyrights are sold - you are still not allowed to claim a piece as your own or even make vandalizing changes (other changes are allowed for the copyright-holder).

Code falls under the copyright laws as well (as it should be!)
    As an Artist, I agree and am wholeheartedly glad to hear this!

But then if 1's & 0's are used to create DIGITAL Art - what's the story there I wonder?

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.