Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    I haven't seen an integrated PDA camera yet that is worth using. Seriously, I'm not being picky but the lack of flash, resolution, decent optics, makes for really awful pictures.

There is something which is maybe coming around called USB On-The-Go.

http://www.usb.org/developers/onthego/
    http://www.usbonthego.com/
    http://www.semiconductors.philips.co.../products/otg/

It's a USB spec/software/chipsets which would allow for peripherals to communicate with one another. Supposedly it will be integrated into some cell phones. Dunno.

I did see a small dongle peripheral one time which allowed periph-to-periph USB communications. If I dig up the URL I will edit this post.
    Last edited by potatoho; 04/06/2003 at 01:38 PM.
    Originally posted by potatoho
    I haven't seen an integrated PDA camera yet that is worth using. Seriously, I'm not being picky but the lack of flash, resolution, decent optics, makes for really awful pictures.
    Guess you haven't seen the Sony CLIÉ PEG-NZ90 yet. It's the first to include a flash, and has a 2 megapixel (1600x1200) resolution. Brighthand's review includes a couple of sample photos -- they look good.
    Originally posted by Dan Harkless
    Guess you haven't seen the Sony CLIÉ PEG-NZ90 yet. It's the first to include a flash, and has a 2 megapixel (1600x1200) resolution. Brighthand's review includes a couple of sample photos -- they look good.
    I stand corrected. Those look pretty good. A far cry from the PalmPix or Hiptop cameras
    Did you see the NZ90's price though? I would really love to have a camera on my PDA but I don't know if I would pay that much.
    Originally posted by Fender Doc
    Following Sony's idea of making two versions of their Clie; one with a camera and one without a camera, would be a strategy that may work. This would be similar to when the Treo 180 and the Treo 180G first came out. Graffiti lovers still had a choice.

My best friend is a real estate agent who is just about to buy Sprint's phone with the integrated camera (I think it is a Sanyo or Samsung?). She is doing this for the same afore mentioned reason LaughingMan mentioned; being able to take pictures of houses and post them on a real estate site.

Personally, I would love to have a camera integrated in the next Treo. My reason is that I am a Podiatrist and need to take pictures of patient's deformities; ie: pre-operative vs. post-operative changes, skin lesions, injuries, etc. I have a Sony Camera that takes great pictures, but having my Treo w/integrated camera on my all the time would makes this more convenient. This would lead me to taking a great deal more pictures.

Russell
    I believe that HS should serve its core customers with the treo product line, while introducing a new product line that aims to tap new demand.
    joe
    Has anyone else heard further rumors regarding the much anticipated treo 360 (or whtever)?
    I haven't heard any rumors but can you believe you can get the 300 for $150 after $350 in rebates less than a year after the 270 release at $500?!?!? When the new one comes out I will probably wait a few months to see if it comes down as well. This kind of expectation could hurt a new HS product.
    Originally posted by sir_mycroft
    Has anyone else heard further rumors regarding the much anticipated treo 360 (or whtever)?
    This is what I heard : coming out this summer
    Palm OS5.0, same kb, sd card slot

inside info.
    not much, you probably already knew but i believe it to be reliable.
    anybody ever saw a pic somewhere ?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567