1.    #1  
    270- cingular- gprs "asian upgrade"

As a seasoned user (still have some 1mb upgrage chips), I have used many third party apps, and finally made the move to sync'n with outlook via pocketmirror.
    (great)
    Went in the natural direction -since there are so many more fields in outlook- to Keycontacts: chapura program- interface "fair" user fields almost unlimited.
    (great)

Under this arrangement nothing is sync'd to the addressbook its empty. Great more space!
    (great)

Get calls, no caller-id.
    (stinks)

Chapura says you can do it, but your back to 2 sets of the same data, and your addressbook sync'n is one way. So, oops If I update the wrong addressbook (addressbook vs keycontacts) it does not update, because it's overwritten.

Now I am curious, some apps apparently can look at the keycontacs client list and use this for the contacts and features such as the "/L" feature to add the client to your datebook.
    (btw this works in datebook+ and datebook5)

When it comes to the standard phonebook app (gprs upgrade) or the new takephone application, they can't find this "list".

Why is this? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike
    Hi,

Simple:

- The apps that LOOKUP contacts (like the "/L" options) call into KeyContacts to do the search, so what you see is the KeyContacts screen, and the KeyContacts app searching it's own database.

- BUT - when an application (like TAKEphONE, caller-id, etc.) wants to perform it's own (improved ?) search on the database - it only knows to search the built-in address-book database, and NOT KeyContact's database, which has different name and format.

Now - if you could convince KeyContacts to publish the name & format of their database, I'm sure developers like myself (TAKEphONE) and others (FingerDial, etc.) will be happy to implement their search mechanism on KeyContact's database.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  3.    #3  
    Shimon

Thanks for the reply. I'll e-mail chapura and share our wishes.

Mike