Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    A few months ago I would be eagerly bidding away. I have planned on making my WebOS devices last because I still haven't found anything that I like as much.

Then I ended up in the hospital. Because I couldn't reach the outlets for charging my husband left me his Androids as well as my devices. I still like mine more but with all of the developers having migrated, I was able to find new distractions on Android instead of the same-old on WebOS.

Now I'm in a pickle. I never minded WebOS having less developers because they were good, dedicated folks, but most of them are gone now.

So what do I do now? I thought about a Nexus tablet and WebOS phone to keep the best of both worlds but then it becomes very hard to share info between the 2. I won't jump ship completely yet because I really hate slab phones.

I guess I really hate HP.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I just got the Moto X. Really nice phone. It fits in your hand well, and the task switcher is good. Chrome is where it shines. The Open Mike, and Active Display are nice touches. I really would have rather stayed with webOS, but the browser is incompatible with BofA and various news websites.
    Let's go LG, be not like HP.

Qualcom 2700 > Touchpoint Dual Band> Samsung n400> Treo 650> Treo 800w> LG Optimus S> Pre > Franken Pre 2 > Moto X
    When did BoA break webOS compatibility? I haven't tried to access it from webOS in a while.. Just wondering.

- Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by bs03 View Post

So what do I do now? I thought about a Nexus tablet and WebOS phone to keep the best of both worlds but then it becomes very hard to share info between the 2. I won't jump ship completely yet because I really hate slab phones.

i do too. i've been able to maintain so far with a Pre2 which is exceeding its original design using a Sprint board, overclocked with the Uberkernel and other tweaks to push it to maximize its 3G service limitation. it's the best i can do to maintain webOS without carrying a china doll Pre3.

i've been using a nexus7 tab for a few months, which someone generously let me use with the intention of allowing a webOS fan to test drive the latest android without commitment.

and you know what? i believe the nexus 7 could very well replace one of my Palm devices.

my z22 Palm Pilot
    . the one i keep in the bathroom to play old palmOS games on, when i have some 'spare time'. the one that can't be without an AC power connection very long because it's just old n' tired, even though it looks brand new shiny white thanks to a great silicone case.

yeah, as far as playing time-wasting games, an android is definitely a better toy. but not really a better smartphone. example: i am very disappointed in the mandatory chat app Google "Hangouts" which - doesn't even have a chat friends status for who's online? lame.

i don't have any problem with accessing info across devices/OS's, other than maybe keeping a leash on google's desire to assemble all my personal information. i synch to google cloud with webOS already (gmail, calendar, contacts, etc) so the nexus tab will synch easily to that; but i prefer to keep my facebook and other social identities separate from personal and business ID's, which android and google try too hard to intermingle.

but webOS will slowly become more obsolete as the cloud tech we rely on evolves without webOS compatibility. Sprint is trying to boot some of us right now, as they shut down Sprint Nav access for Palm phones. They don't like old service contracts like mine which haven't been taxed that $10 smartphone charge yet.

Eventually webOS won't be a practical choice. So just buy what you like. Phone trends evolve. Right now it's kind of a lull while we wait for carriers to upgrade LTE networks, and for manufacturers (windows/nokia, hp/lg, google/samsung) to develop their new hybrid hardware/software plans to align with apple's method. hopefully someone will develop an alternative to the slab. but soon webOS devices will become impractical. accept the disappointment early, or postpone the inevitable.

i'll stick it out as long as i can still communicate effectively, and for me it still provides more value, convenience, and accessibility than any new phone i've viewed.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    When did BoA break webOS compatibility? I haven't tried to access it from webOS in a while.. Just wondering.

- Matt
    It would not transfer funds. On the confirmation page the "confirm" button would not work.
    It's too bad there is little carrier support or little manufacturer support for WebOS phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by bs03 View Post
    The company that killed Palm and webOS

Vas
    Same observation as original poster.

Have a pre2 and touchpad 4G. Installed cyanogenmod on the touchpad and there is a lot to be said for the huge amount of apps available. Cyanogenmod also had a better keyboard (hate the webos one). As far as tablets go you can't get much better value.

Pre2 still does a much better job keeping things organized. I love just type, synergy, swiping to delete and the different preware patches. I am also rather short on cash right now, which makes moving on rather difficult. :-)

Maybe sometime next year I'll get the new iPhone to replace the Pre2 (finger print scanner sounds pretty cool), maybe not. Will have to see.