Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes
  1.    #21  
    Yeah, the backend/generator is ready for news I encourage all people that would like to write so send me an PM with desired username/e-mail!
    I wrote a quick recap about the webOS auction. News articles are posted at pivotCE | webOS News, Tips, and Tricks. Bookmark it! The App Catalog version of pivotCE is updated every Sunday. pattyland and I are in discussion about what can be done with the "visual appeal" of the app catalog version so while we are in transition please enjoy the updated news as we publish it to the website. Again, if you're interested in writing please send pattyland a PM to get a username and email setup.
    Oh and we're aware that the formatting on webOS phones is dismal. We're working on that too.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Ok ... i hope this is not a silly question (and if so, I still can't help it), but: how do I give my AppCatalog the PicotCE love?
    TIA!
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy1969 View Post
    Ok ... i hope this is not a silly question (and if so, I still can't help it), but: how do I give my AppCatalog the PicotCE love?
    TIA!
    It requires Tweaks, then install the Homebrew Pivot, change the URL in the System in Tweaks to http://pivotce.com, then restart Luna.
    Last edited by TUFF Stough; 09/30/2013 at 03:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TUFF Stough View Post
    It requires Tweaks, then install the Homebrew Pivot, change the URL in the System in Tweaks to pivotCE, then restart Luna.
    pattyland is still working on the newest revision of pivotCE for the App Catalog. Following these instructions will work fine just understand that what you see is not the final product. We have begun writing articles for the online version though just click here pivotCE | webOS News, Tips, and Tricks and don't forget to bookmark it. We update between 1-3 times a week.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Thx @TUFF
    I had something like "pivot.pattyland.de" in that value ...

I replaced that with "pivotce.com", rebooted Luna and get a "can't finish" error when starting the AppCatalog.
    Not cool ...
    It requires Tweaks, then install the Homebrew Pivot, change the URL in the System in Tweaks to pivotCE, then restart Luna.
    Hi,

I think it would be great if PivotCE could put together instructions for each device (or device/OS group). I keep searching Preware & the App Catalogue for it and it isn't there... Because I'm using a phone - I don't have the Touchpad.

One other method of access (which is how I learned about the latest ACL delay) is Feedspider - via your preferred, supported RSS reader, Subscribe to: http://news.pivotce.com/feed/

Also, why not use the Prelude font..? ;-)
    Last edited by Preemptive; 09/30/2013 at 09:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I think it would be great if PivotCE could put together instructions for each device (or device/OS group). I keep searching Preware & the App Catalogue for it and it isn't there... Because I'm using a phone - I don't have the Touchpad.
    That's exactly why you can't find the tweak for "Homebrew Pivot" in Preware on your phone. It's only for the Touchpad which means there's only one instruction set needed.
    1. On your Touchpad open Preware and use the drop down menu to select Manage Feeds
    2. Scroll down and make sure you have webos-patches and webos-internals feeds enabled
    3. Do a search in Preware for two things: 1. Tweaks and 2. Homebrew Pivot - install both
    4. Open Tweaks on your Touchpad and select System
    5. Change "Use Homebrew Pivot" to Yes and add http://pivotce.com/ Include the last slash
    6. In Tweaks use the drop down menu and select Restart Luna
    7. After Luna restarts open the HP App Catalog. You may not see pivotCE at first so leave the app catalog open for a few minutes so it can download the information in the background and then close the app catalog and reopen it.

Worked for me!

One other method of access (which is how I learned about the latest ACL delay) is Feedspider - via your preferred, supported RSS reader, Subscribe to: pivotCE
    Correct. Thanks! You can also point your browser to pivotCE | webOS News, Tips, and Tricks

I have no idea but pattyland would be a better person to answer that one. I just write articles! And so can you! Write pattyland a PM to discuss.
    Last edited by Alan Morford; 10/12/2013 at 02:34 PM. Reason: fixed url
    Follow me on Twitter
    TUFF Stough likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    1. On your Touchpad open Preware and use the drop down menu to select Manage Feeds
    2. Scroll down and make sure you have webos-patches and webos-internals feeds enabled
    3. Do a search in Preware for two things: 1. Tweaks and 2. Homebrew Pivot - install both
    4. Open Tweaks on your Touchpad and select System
    5. Change "Use Homebrew Pivot" to Yes and add pivotCE
    6. In Tweaks use the drop down menu and select Restart Luna
    7. After Luna restarts open the HP App Catalog. You may not see pivotCE at first so leave the app catalog open for a few minutes so it can download the information in the background and then close the app catalog and reopen it.

Worked for me!

Doesn't for me.

I did all those things including the Luna Restart.
    Yesterday I just got the "can't finish" error, today I get no errormessage at all but just the normal "HP webOS Pivot /04 November 2011" edition.
    Thx @TUFF
    I had something like "pivot.pattyland.de" in that value ...

I replaced that with "pivotce.com", rebooted Luna and get a "can't finish" error when starting the AppCatalog.
    Not cool ...
    err... do you include 'http://' in front?
    err... do you include 'http://' in front?
    Yepp. Did.
    It's possible pattyland is working on it. If you have it added already then it will probably show up but won't refresh like mine. It updates every Sunday but it didn't update for me so I'm guessing he's doing updates. We've been talking about some of the big ideas for it and he might be working on those. So for now let's all agree that if you hadn't added pivotce to your Homebrew Pivot settings before say, Sept 25th or so, that it probably won't work until he's done but YMMV. For now though, please enjoy the news site in your favorite browser. Thanks for your patience.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Could it be, that I have the problem because of using a german language Touchpad and the german AppCatalog (there's no Austrian one)??
    Ooo! Digging the site.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    pattyland likes this.
  15.    #35  
    Could it be, that I have the problem because of using a german language Touchpad and the german AppCatalog (there's no Austrian one)??
    Nope, my engine adapts the language code and will be serve every (future) language
    I think you forgot the last "/" from the url. Is very important that you insert all 3 slashs!
    Code:
    http://pivotce.com/

Good idea!
    Oops forgot the last slash on my step by step...FIXED!
    Follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyland View Post
    Nope, my engine adapts the language code and will be serve every (future) language
    I think you forgot the last "/" from the url. Is very important that you insert all 3 slashs!
    Code:
    http://pivotce.com/
    No really, I absolutely did that.
    In the meantime I deleted the whole line, restarted Luna, entered it again in Tweaks, restarted Luna again ... still got the old Pivot/04 Edition in the AppCatalog.

Strange.
    No really, I absolutely did that.
    In the meantime I deleted the whole line, restarted Luna, entered it again in Tweaks, restarted Luna again ... still got the old Pivot/04 Edition in the AppCatalog.

Strange.
    It happened to me also in the beginning. But on 2nd or 3rd opening of the app, it diverted to the new PivotCE.
    Wow ... true ... after about 5 times opening the AppCat (and I left it open for a while all the time), now I got the new PivotCE.
    Thanks for the help
    pattyland likes this.
    Just a quick update. We migrated our news site back over to just pivotCE | webOS News, Tips, and Tricks and setup the autoforward from the old htp://news.pivot......yadda yadda AND thanks to the amazing folks at The Font Bureau and Webtype we have been granted a FREEEEEEEEE 6 year license to use the Prelude font family! Cool huh? Check out the site to see it in action. Remember, we're new so it's changing frequently over there and the app catalog version will take a backseat for a little while until we iron out all the site kinks. The catalog version will still update on Sunday but what you see will continue to not be pretty for a while. All in good time people, all in good time. We're still looking for folks that can write well and have ideas for stories, tips, tutorials, dev interviews, etc. PM pattyland! Thanks all!
    Follow me on Twitter
    RumoredNow and joshua764 like this.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast