Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree12Likes
  • 3 Post By C-Note
  • 3 Post By petbull
  • 1 Post By Remy X
  • 1 Post By geekpeter
  • 3 Post By Buddy1969
  • 1 Post By C-Note
  1.    #1  
    Yeah, I know it's too late to matter, and maybe there is a bit of Schadenfreude lurking in my soul... but all of the of the talk about the wisdom of dropping webOS and the new strategic direction of HP...

    HP continues to suffer from massive PC slump - Aug. 21, 2013

    "HP's problems spread beyond PCs, though. Sales in almost all of HP's businesses fell."

    How are them Windows 8 Tablets working out for you? Here is a thought, make an Android phone, you will sell a TON of them (sarcasm).

    Even better, make an Android tablet, using the abundance of spare parts from your last two forays into the tablet world.

    CrHappy 2nd anniversary to us all who are still hanging in here.

    C
    Last edited by C-Note; 08/21/2013 at 08:37 PM.
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    Rnp, Remy X and jrb363 like this.
  2. #2  
    Sure, as if HP's Slate 7 is doing well. There's an overabundance of Android out there. Maybe try an alternate operating system. The problem is they can't stick to it.
  3. #3  
    They got no heart! They got no balls. They got no smarts!
    geekpeter, Rnp and xandros9 like this.
  4. jrb363's Avatar
    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    Yeah, I know it's too late to matter, and maybe there is a bit of Schadenfreude lurking in my soul... but all of the of the talk about the wisdom of dropping webOS and the new strategic direction of HP...

    HP continues to suffer from massive PC slump - Aug. 21, 2013

    "HP's problems spread beyond PCs, though. Sales in almost all of HP's businesses fell."

    How are them Windows 8 Tablets working out for you? Here is a thought, make an Android phone, you will sell a TON of them (sarcasm).

    Even better, make an Android tablet, using the abundance of spare parts from your last two forays into the tablet world.

    CrHappy 2nd anniversary to us all who are still hanging in here.

    C
    What?!?! You mean HP is still losing market share and profits are down even after dropping webOS? I don't believe it!
    Proud owner of a 16GB HP Touchpad since 10/26/2011!
    Proud PALM user since the Palm III in 2002
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Sure, as if HP's Slate 7 is doing well. There's an overabundance of Android out there. Maybe try an alternate operating system. The problem is they can't stick to it.
    I don't think you spelled that right. It's the HP Stale 7
    xandros9 likes this.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrb363 View Post
    What?!?! You mean HP is still losing market share and profits are down even after dropping webOS? I don't believe it!
    Autonomy was a much larger investment of $$ than palm/webOS ever was, wonder how thats working out for them....................o right.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    C-Note likes this.
  7. #7  
    Well, no surprise here.

    Being late, being slow, messing up the only chance of a unique selling proposition with WebOS, then tagging along behind others using tech that's been seen on the market hundreds of times ...

    What do you expect. HP is one of those companies that let you see how dinosaurs have become extinct. The mobile comet hit earth and HP is too dumb and slow to adapt ...
    No tears here. Not for HP.
    Lots of them for WebOS though.
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    C-Note, Remy X and anon5288998 like this.
  8.    #8  
    It just keeps getting worse...

    Hewlett-Packard Dropped from Dow Jones Industrial Index - Arik Hesseldahl - News - AllThingsD

    Love the official response:

    Update: A spokesman for HP responded to AllThingsD with this statement: “HP remains confident that we are making progress in our turnaround. We have delivered financial performance in line with or better than our expectations throughout this fiscal year, and remain focused on delivering shareholder value. We are already seeing significant improvement in our operations, we are successfully rebuilding our balance sheet, our cost structure is more closely aligned with our revenue and we have reignited innovation at HP.”


    Read between the lines on this one.

    C
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    Remy X likes this.
  9. #9  
    So sad that a tech company has to sink to these depths in order to start innovating. It remains to be seen whether time is on their side.
  10. #10  
    innovating?

    You mean by building mediocre Android slabs?
    Aha.
    Ummm ...
    No.
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
  11. ggendel's Avatar
    Posts
    463 Posts
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    #11  
    Funny how things go. I was with RCA when GE bought and ripped it to shreds. My division (~$300m) was sold to a Harris division (~$100m). During the time under GE the industry was going through a slump (sound familiar) but we not only managed to stay a major player in the ASIC design and manufacture field, we were profitable and went from doing a new design a week to a new design every day (with only 14 people) with a 99% first time working silicon rate. Then came Harris and said to all our customers, "Remember your price quote? Triple it!". We didn't do a new design in almost 3 months. About a year later, Harris management closed our doors with a "I don't know how you stayed in business this long."

    Sometimes justice is unkind.

    We expected their stock to drop like a stone because of this action, but the stock soared to an incredible level. Seems that now that there was no engineering costs, the chips in the pipeline (such as the mouse chip for Apple) was virtually all profit. They milked this for several years before they finally closed the plants.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad

Similar Threads

  1. TWIT re: Palm's earnings report
    By wynand32 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05/18/2010, 05:28 PM
  2. Sprint's quarterly numbers
    By dtokarz in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 05/04/2009, 03:03 PM

Posting Permissions