Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By John Steffes
  • 1 Post By ewl88
  • 2 Post By geekpeter
  • 2 Post By John Steffes
  1.    #1  
    My first PDA was a Palm Pilot. My first smartphone was a Blackberry. I dumped the Blackberry for a Pre-, followed by a Pre+, followed by a Pre 2. I briefly bought a Blackberry Style before going back to a Pre 2.

In the world of tablets, I bought two HP Touchpads, a Nook Color and Nook HD+.

Why doesn't anyone have interest in my stock predictions????
    i blame management(s).
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Don't know what you have till it is gone...

webOS was beyond it's time, and as far as I have played with Android and iOS it still is...
    Yea, similar story. Had a Nokia 5230 with s60v5 and then pre 2 and then pre 3. For tablets I went for a BlackBerry Playbook and then Touchpad. lol I was disappointed the playbook didnt get bb10.
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    As long as you are informed consumer, you're not a fool or loser. If you got a touchpad at a great price and know how to add android to it, it was a great buy. After my wife dropped and broke her nexus 7, I bought her a Nook HD which she loves. I knew barnes and noble was abandoning it but they cut the cost significantly, opened up the android app market on it so it is a good buy.
    While I love webOS but I think even if Leo hadn't cut the entire line abruptly, Palm would have been in trouble by this year. Look at the battlefield: blackberry, Barnes and noble's nook, windows mobile (at least MS has money still) But then again better management choices might have given Palm some breathing room. Dell is in trouble, HTC is beat up. (HP is stabilizing a bit but not out of woods). Even Apple is feeling pressure from samsung.
    Remy X likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ewl88 View Post
    As long as you are informed consumer, you're not a fool or loser. If you got a touchpad at a great price and know how to add android to it, it was a great buy. After my wife dropped and broke her nexus 7, I bought her a Nook HD which she loves. I knew barnes and noble was abandoning it but they cut the cost significantly, opened up the android app market on it so it is a good buy.
    While I love webOS but I think even if Leo hadn't cut the entire line abruptly, Palm would have been in trouble by this year. Look at the battlefield: blackberry, Barnes and noble's nook, windows mobile (at least MS has money still) But then again better management choices might have given Palm some breathing room. Dell is in trouble, HTC is beat up. (HP is stabilizing a bit but not out of woods). Even Apple is feeling pressure from samsung.
    i think the touchpad go had it been given a chance would have succeeded even up to today given that it was or would have been the first 7" device in peoples homes with a good screen, decent specs even by todays standards, and imho they are the perfect medium size for a touchscreen device.

still feel sad about not being able to get 1, esp given the good chance it could have had if only things had not gone pear shaped. it's also why i believe any attempt HP does now to get back in the game will ultimatly prove futile, they had their chance (a damned good one) but their then CEO and board of fools dropped the ball in a big way and i dont think they can recover at all from that even if they slave away with android/windows devices.

imho adopting such a bad move and gaining a terrible reputation back then was tantamount to financial/tech suicide, its also a path microsoft are steadily treading into (bad reputation at least rather than un-willingness to spend cash) while trying to enforce their derranged plans and ideas.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Remy X and mattmers like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    i think the touchpad go had it been given a chance would have succeeded even up to today given that it was or would have been the first 7" device in peoples homes with a good screen, decent specs even by todays standards, and imho they are the perfect medium size for a touchscreen device.

still feel sad about not being able to get 1, esp given the good chance it could have had if only things had not gone pear shaped. it's also why i believe any attempt HP does now to get back in the game will ultimatly prove futile, they had their chance (a damned good one) but their then CEO and board of fools dropped the ball in a big way and i dont think they can recover at all from that even if they slave away with android/windows devices.

imho adopting such a bad move and gaining a terrible reputation back then was tantamount to financial/tech suicide, its also a path microsoft are steadily treading into (bad reputation at least rather than un-willingness to spend cash) while trying to enforce their derranged plans and ideas.
    I agree the Touchpad Go is a good device, however, it would have not saved webOS, developers are the only thing that can do that... Look at Microsoft then spent $900mil on Surface RT/Pro and they are still not making a dent with developers... Ok they have a few apps... But Microsoft needs to pay $$ to keep those developers updating/making new apps....

HP/Palm needed to pay developers for apps, once they did that Time, Amazon, Google, Facebook, Photobucket, EA, Gameloft, etc... they partnered with them... When the payment stopped, all the developers went no more updates from Rovio, EA, Gameloft, Time, LinkedIn... etc....

HP/Palm, still do not get it, Android is not going to save them, not with a joke of a device as the slate 7 is...

The want to make a killer device they need to make the device that cost them $500 to make and sell it for $50, and then make add ons (covers, skin protectors, keyboards, charging stands (wireless))....

Why if HP/Palm still owns Palm technology why not make touchstone charger for the slate 7, have Beats Audio Speakers on the device not just thru the head phones (not that I am a beats audio guy but that is their biggest selling point)...
    Remy X and geekpeter like this.