• 2 Post By ananimus
  • 1 Post By Remy X
  • 1 Post By ananimus
  • 1 Post By kevets
  1.    #1  
    i was just reading comments on the latest "whats in ur bag" article

What's in your bag, James Chae? | The Verge

and then i read this

Most of us still rock Palm Pixis, actually.

Jul 12, 2013 | 9:57 PM Reply

dave epstein

Product Manager, the Verge

Stop trolling. also palm pixis are cool

Jul 13, 2013 | 12:05 AM Reply

Benjamin Boxler

In all fairness, I’ve had two, and I still think it was a fantastic phone…

it made me smile n remind me how much beautiful the pixi was ...though i have already moved on to android but thought to share this , MAN the pixi was awessome only if it had better hardware specs
    pixi plus (webOS 2.1)>pre2>HP Veer>touchpad
    lol

When I first saw the Pixi at the Verizon store, I couldn't figure out what was the point in its existence, other than being cheaper than the Pre. Nice to know that it has fans too...
    tovivekmishra likes this.
    I use a Pixi as my daily phone at work (Pre2 at home). It's lightweight, great exchange integration, especially when I can Just type through the whole AD-adressbook and the call quality is top. Don't need much more at work and having a great keyboard (better than the Pres) is a big plus for lenghty mails.
    The comments were probably referring to Dieter Bohn's recent Twitter and podcast gushing/raging about Palm devices when he rediscovered one in his drawer. Wasn't it a Pixi with a jammed SIM slot or something?

But yeah. The Verge remembers. Dieter (naturally) and even Topolsky.
    tovivekmishra and xandros9 like this.
    Dieter had a Veer...
    Ah, that's right. (Shoulda known with the Veer SIM slot woes.)

The Pixi was pretty fantastic. For the size/shape, would have loved a Pixi with Veer guts. A super slim, sturdy, fixed portrait design is nice and you can Just Type at will. Yeah, having to slide up first is trivial and also wakes the device, but still.

Thought about rocking a Pixi recently with one of the custom backs they released with it, but those Artist Series ones are darn near impossible to find now! The artistic replacement covers were a neat idea. Besides the Pixi, no other recent devices like that come to mind outside of some Xperias/Lumias that let you change the color at will.
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    Ah, that's right. (Shoulda known with the Veer SIM slot woes.)

The Pixi was pretty fantastic. For the size/shape, would have loved a Pixi with Veer guts. A super slim, sturdy, fixed portrait design is nice and you can Just Type at will. Yeah, having to slide up first is trivial and also wakes the device, but still.

Thought about rocking a Pixi recently with one of the custom backs they released with it, but those Artist Series ones are darn near impossible to find now! The artistic replacement covers were a neat idea. Besides the Pixi, no other recent devices like that come to mind outside of some Xperias/Lumias that let you change the color at will.
    The Jolla device has back swappable back covers and it seems like they will be launching a lot of different ones with the release of the phone.

AT 6:48 you can see all the different back covers in the case.
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai7KldrYHuA[/YT]

The pixi keyboard was much better then the pre2 and had a nice click.
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
    A Pixi Pro would have been bad ***. Heck, when I had my wife on a Pixi Plus and me on my Pre 2, there were many a time where I would consider swapping our phones. There is something about the shape that is welcoming and different.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    xandros9 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmers View Post
    [...]

You mean like what? Was it less mushy and not so prone to stuttering and missed keystrokes?
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmers View Post

The Pre 2 keyboards I've used have been rock solid, The Pre+ on the other hand was complete crap. ( I think the major flaw with the Pre+ keyboard was that you would feel the tactile "click" before the contact would register the letter.) I was tempted to find a broken Pre- to donate a keyboard before the big Palm flush and the subsequent hardware price drop. So I got a Pre 2.
    Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)the Bionic sucked > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > BlackBerry Q10 > HP VZPre 3
    I had a Sprint Pixi for a while until a Pre showed up on Ebay at my price. I gave my Pixi to my son when my Pre came in. Now I wish I'd kept my Pixi. My son eventually broke the touchscreen. Now I just use the Pixi to charge my extra batteries from from my last two Pre phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by namgod View Post
    The Pre 2 keyboards I've used have been rock solid, The Pre+ on the other hand was complete crap. ( I think the major flaw with the Pre+ keyboard was that you would feel the tactile "click" before the contact would register the letter.) I was tempted to find a broken Pre- to donate a keyboard before the big Palm flush and the subsequent hardware price drop. So I got a Pre 2.
    This.

So, do you think if i put a Pre+ screen and commboard on a Pre2, i wouldn't have this problem any longer?

This is starting to sound attractive, if i can borrow the hotspot app from the row/unlocked Pre2 doctor...
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    You mean like what? Was it less mushy and not so prone to stuttering and missed keystrokes?
    The pre2 has a good keyboard, unlike the pre plus with the stuttering and missed keystrokes you talk about.

The pixi keyboard is still better though than even the pre2 i think. The keys stick out more, which give you a better feel, and they are more responsive. It feels like you can write a novel with the thing.

I, like many other posters here, bought my wife a pixi+ while buying myself a pre+, only to realize that i perhaps gave myself the short end of the stick.