Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Yep. The first webOS device, the Sprint Palm Pre, was released four years ago today.

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZgdTuv6ylI[/YT]
    Last edited by Choorp; 06/06/2013 at 12:27 PM.
    Remy X, jrb363, 60RH and 8 others like this.
    Seems longer than 4 yrs

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
    It's kind of nice, knowing that we aren't writing an obituary on this day....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    xandros9, jrb363 and ananimus like this.
    Hmmm ... someone could write a story for a movie like "28 days later" ... call it "4 years thought beyond" (in the style of "think beyond") ...

*sniffs sadly*
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    This is from Pocketnow.com's YouTube channel and I felt it was a fitting tribute.

Enjoy!!

Verizon Pre 3. ATT HP Touchpad. Touchstone 2.
    Vistaus and artwest50 like this.
    I remember the day well, as I spent most of it waiting in line at the Sprint store. Best couple Benjamins I ever dropped.

Pocketnow whipped up a video to commemorate the occasion. Good memories, dudes.

Glad see some familiar faces around here. Always liked this community.

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZgdTuv6ylI&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/YT]
    webOS user since 20090606.
    Remy X, jrb363, bimmin and 2 others like this.
    Happy Birthday! I hope WebOS is gonna be more awesome someday as it already is! ;D
    I also remember the months prior looking at every photo and video I could find. And testing out the wave launcher on my centro

And here I am, many have left and I still here thinking about what parts I need for backup before I can't find them anymore.
    At this time 4 years ago, I was standing in a small line of about a dozen people waiting to buy a Palm Pre. I does seem like longer ago than 4 years.
    Still have my Pre from September 2009!

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express
    webOS is simply fabulous

TouchPads Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    Wow, with all that has happened, it sure does seem a lot longer than 4 years. The last 2 seem like 10. This market segment moves incredibly fast. A new generation of phones every 6-8 months? Talk about your 15 minutes of fame!
    Impossible forget: "webos20090606"

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    bimmin, xandros9 and jrb363 like this.
    <threads merged>
    And my Pre 3 decided to celebrate it with a killing of a battery!
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    It's kind of nice, knowing that we aren't writing an obituary on this day....
    were damned close if not lying down in the casket.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    4 years ago, I was drooling at the Pre as I saw it being released in the USA and stuff. Man, if only I could've bought it back then...
    Poor webOS, struck with a terminal illness (Apothekosis) before it's 3rd birthday; now as it reaches it's 4th birthday, it's in the final stages of a slow decline to the end. HP bestowed today a meager birthday present, a new root certificate, but it's a mere pallative to ease the suffering as webOS goes gently into that good night. Alas poor webOS, we hardly knew ye...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    4 years ago, I was drooling at the Pre as I saw it being released in the USA and stuff. Man, if only I could've bought it back then...
    ... you could kill Hitler & avoid the Mark Hurd's embarrassment, saving us from two tragedies., if you go back in time!!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    MartinH@webos likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    Poor webOS, struck with a terminal illness (Apothekosis) before it's 3rd birthday; now as it reaches it's 4th birthday, it's in the final stages of a slow decline to the end. HP bestowed today a meager birthday present, a new root certificate, but it's a mere pallative to ease the suffering as webOS goes gently into that good night. Alas poor webOS, we hardly knew ye...
    Here's the story on our front page about the root certificate update. HP to issue root certificate fix, ensure continued access to webOS cloud services | webOS Nation
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Rnp likes this.
    Ah, silly me. This should have gone in here...

HAPPY FREAKIN' BIRTHDAY webOS!!!

By the end of the CES2009 announcement, I knew you understood me. And you're still rocking my socks today!
    Rnp and jrb363 like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast