Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
Like Tree157Likes
  1.    #201  
    You know, there's a lot of news for this 'zombie OS'! I haven't bothered posting about about a few minor updates, but I finally got round to doing some more:
    • The April release of LuneOS
    • The HP shutdown
    • The Preware search page
    • The new Preware with the pivotCE feed
    • LG webOS TV's to get v2.0
    • Plus other minor updates.

So if you're not sure what's happening in the world of webOS, take a look at the first post.

Remember to post here if there's anything you think needs adding.
  2.    #202  
    Uh oh...

www.webositalia.com - Dominio sospeso

Is anyone in touch with the owner of this site?
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Uh oh...

www.webositalia.com - Dominio sospeso

Is anyone in touch with the owner of this site?
    I think it's Daniel who's also part of PIC (you know from ACL). I have him on Skype. If you can confirm I'll contact him.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    well.. it says the domain is suspended for exceeding the allowed resources. Those free hostings usually have a quota on the monthly data... by itself it "feels" a temporary issue that will solve with June
  5.    #205  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    I think it's Daniel who's also part of PIC (you know from ACL). I have him on Skype. If you can confirm I'll contact him.
    I've sent him a message on twitter. I aready tweeted at webOSitalia a while back. No response yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    well.. it says the domain is suspended for exceeding the allowed resources. Those free hostings usually have a quota on the monthly data... by itself it "feels" a temporary issue that will solve with June
    I think the domain has expired and there haven't been recent updates, so I'm doubtful about that.
    In theory an expired domain should trigger a different message from the hosting
  7.    #207  
    I had a chat with Senor Giovanetti. I think it's going to get sorted out.
    TJs11thPre and Rnp like this.
  8.    #209  
    I had a chat with Senor Giovanetti. I think it's going to get sorted out.
    Unfortunately, it's now September and webOS Italia continues to display an error message.

I think the domain has been renewed, but there is no sign of a site, so this entry has been removed.

Name: webOS Italia
    Description: News & Forum (Italian)
    Status: Forums Active. Last news item was in April 2013. This domain is suspended. This item will soon be removed if the site does not return.
  9.    #210  
    Not a whole lot of point in listing a site that hasn't been updated since 2010, but it's still there...

preThinking
    I would still very much like to know how many active webOS users there are.

If there are any ideas on establishing this or of calculating a range, I'd be interested.
    Still using WebOS 3.0.5 when I can boot up my touchpad. Currently stuck on HP logo screen now.
  11.    #212  
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepansy View Post
    Still using WebOS 3.0.5 when I can boot up my touchpad. Currently stuck on HP logo screen now.
    Post on the User count if you haven't already.
  12.    #213  
    Anyone want to give me an up to date version no. for LGwebOS?
    Original version tv, my webos version is 5.00.04

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Preemptive likes this.
    It would appear that http://www.openwebosproject.org/ is a dead link. Maybe change the link on the first post to point at the github repo (https://github.com/openwebos)?
  15.    #216  
    I'll give it some time! Not panicking yet.

Let's wait until the start of the working week. If it doesn't return soon, no doubt others will chase it - as will I if the outage lasts very long.
  16.    #217  
    Open webOS is back up. I imagine it's fairly dusty over there, but as LuneOS makes significant upgrades and there's this router project..., perhaps greater interest will be stimulated.

I'll try to find out who threw the switch for future reference.

Actually, as this router seems to be a serious project, though there's no way of knowing if the kickstarter will be a success, I will add it to the report.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 10/13/2015 at 10:56 PM.
    60RH likes this.
    The openwebos link was fixed shortly after someone with access to it was notified that it had stopped serving

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  18.    #219  
    I just added

Name: HP Touchpad Forums
    Description: Forums. (English)

According to the rules here, I cannot link to a rival forum, but it's largely tumbleweed over there compared to webOS Nation. Someone recently posted... about getting rid of their TPs!

But it's still alive!
  19.    #220  
    webOShelp.net now appears to be owned by a site called 9k9k.com...

No more webOS stuff there.
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast