1.    #1  
    New TREO user .. which photo software is recommended?
    I've tried both. I've had better luck on the Treo Screen with photo album. I'm on a Mac and resized my jpgs to 160wx120h, and saved them as pict files. PhotoAlbum can do picts, jpgs, and gifs. And it's free. Worth giving it a try.

I have a Treo 90 and have to save my albums by adding a ".pdb" to get them to install.
    handspring photo album is free and works pretty well. splashphoto, which i got included with the splash suite, does have better image quality but the images take up more room.

that said, if you use splashphoto, do NOT use the high res settings. the screen is only 160 x 160, so using 320 mode will only make the pictures larger with no added benefit. same thing for color depth. treo is 12 bit. no sense in going higher than that.

i bought splash suite for the combination of stuff, not just splashphoto, but it is better than some of the others. for me, the splash ID was worth the whole price of the suite. everything else was just gravy...
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    When I compare the two, SplashPhoto won hands down. Price wasn't a consideration but image quality was.

Lately I've been using JpegWatch Lite. Image quality "appears" to be the same as SpashPhoto with the added benefit of much smaller images so I can have more on my Treo.
    SplashPhoto is better than the Handspring Photo Album by a mile. You get what you pay for.
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    I really like FireViewer: http://www.firepad.com/

Or on palmgear site (for the suite): http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...156&prodID=230

And for the Mac: http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...56&prodID=6739

Just a suggestion

m00se
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    splashphoto works with snappermail too. another plus
    splashphoto is also great with ringo or treopictureID
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    I tried handspring photo album. The image quality is so bad compared to splashphoto. Yes I know, I know you get what you pay for.

My eval on splashphoto is about to expire , but I'm too broke to buy it.

Are there any cheaper programs that have good quality like splashphoto?

Maybe I should make a simple webpage with my pics. Blazer seems to do well with pictures.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
    Jeff
    too cheap for splashphoto? how'd you afford a treo 270?

fireviewer is free, if you don't mind putting up with a slight delay in loading designed to make you cough up the $ to buy it
    Originally posted by bigdaddyajay
    too cheap for splashphoto? how'd you afford a treo 270?

blew it all on the treo 300 that's why. I owe money on it (credit)

It's funny, people think when you buy a house that you have money. Why is it hard for them to understand that you are poor because you bought a house.

*sigh*
    I get better images with HS Photo Album than with Splashphoto. (At least a few months ago when I tried Splash photo I did.) Tip; HS Photo album does better with pict files than jpgs. If you convert your jpgs into picts and then bring them into HSPA, they look better.
    Originally posted by J. Kevin Wolfe
    I get better images with HS Photo Album than with Splashphoto. (At least a few months ago when I tried Splash photo I did.) Tip; HS Photo album does better with pict files than jpgs. If you convert your jpgs into picts and then bring them into HSPA, they look better.
    Really? better quality with HSPA? Man I sure did not. I'll have to try the pict thing. Should I also resize the image in photoshop? Anything else to try? I'm handy with a photo editor

Thanks for the tip,
    Jeff
    Jeff,

I'm on Mac. I resized the image to 160wx120h in Graphic Converter and saved it as a 16 bit pict. Then I dropped this into the HS converter. My Splash photo images (maybe I didn't play with them enough) were way too contrasty.

Kevin
    i have a number of high end photo editors (windows, not mac) but i found my best results were to make changes in the original file first, then i just let splashphoto convert them to the right size and color depth for the treo.
    I looked all over the HS and Handango site, couldn't find it.
    They've hidden it well.

http://www.handspring.com/software/customize.jhtml

If you're using the Mac version with the Treo 90, you may have to add ".pdb" to the end of your album title to get it to sync.