Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
For other side, the Apple has a lot of patents that fall as "pseudo value"... fall fast in any judgment...
And? I was talking about R&D impact on success. do you deny Apple success?

But... hey! Hurd was in HP when the global crisis begun. Of course, he had to cut something... everybody was cutting...
Nice try but the crisis started around September 2008, big companies didn't take action until 2009. Now look at the chart, R&D started to drastically fall as earlier as 2006. Mark Hurd cut 10% of the workforce in his first 100 days at HP back in 2005. So what's your point?
I'm not even reproaching him the layoffs but to use them as a growth strategy. The problem had already been pointed out back in 2006: HP uses layoffs to draw thicker black line in Q1 ? The Register

When you're get down fast, is more easy grow your shares fast... remember: he company lost $ 28bi in one week...
True but we've been proven many times that when a stock seems to hit his bottom low it can even go lower. In November 2012 at $11/share hpq was rated as a "Sell". Basically analysts were saying: "Forget HP, it seems cheap but it will never rise again". Some believed the only way to bring value to shareholders was by breaking up the company. Your share price don't jump 100% in 6 months just because it hit it's historical low.

In the end, nothing about is really important... I'm (and I believe that there is more members here) worried is about I have more interesting devices with webOS...
Well the OP was about HP and Meg strategy