Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Long time no see....I thought this would interest all of you....HP has to face the music!!!!!!!!!!!

U.S. judge orders Hewlett-Packard to face shareholder lawsuit

U.S. judge orders Hewlett-Packard to face shareholder lawsuit - chicagotribune.com

Use the above link to read the articel.

Be well & take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    more drama, wonder if it will get any traction tho.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    God bless the litigious nature of the United States court system...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    HP is facing a lawsuit with investors for shutting down webos!

http://profit.ndtv.com/news/corporates/article-us-judge-orders-hewlett-packard-to-face-shareholder-lawsuit-322094
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    I imagine all those people's 401K and other investment plans included quantities of HP stock in them.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    And they're specifically going after former HP management, Leo in particular.

Good. Let them skewer him. No one should make millions for recklessly and witlessly gutting a company while torpedoing the company's value. Hope they slap him with a judgment on the order of any money he made while at HP, then burn it all on his front lawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post

Good. Let them skewer him. No one should make millions for recklessly and witlessly gutting a company while torpedoing the company's value. Hope they slap him with a judgment on the order of any money he made while at HP, then burn it all on his front lawn.
    Hope they just pimp slap him.
    I like it

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
    I still maintain that this farce from HP was an inverse form of 'Corporate Egotism' - that backfired!

Could take months or years, but hopfully as a result, greater light is anyway then finally shed upon the insane and implosive decisions of the 'Apothekelyptor'!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Leo walked away with a HUGE HUGE Golden Parachute when he was "fired". For everything he did, he walked with a ton of cash and didn't get hurt at all. I hope he ends up paying that cash back to HP and gets penalized further financially for this whole debacle he started.
    MartinH@webos likes this.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    it's good to see him pay for what he killed

-Sent from my HP TOUCHPAD

However, I don't hate him just because; I mean he did what he could--but I do think that something has to be done about his/HP's blunders
    Last edited by wang_r1w2; 05/12/2013 at 12:46 AM.
    MartinH@webos likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by wang_r1w2 View Post
    it's good to see him pay for what he killed

-Sent from my HP TOUCHPAD

However, I don't hate him just because; I mean he did what he could--but I do think that something has to be done about his/HP's blunders
    Hope he gets a prison cell with buba.
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post

dont forget who hired him in the first place tho, they werent exactly carrying a full bag of marbles, remember they didnt even interview or meet him, that includes meg who was also on the board at the time.

Amazingly, the board didn't bother to get to know Apotheker before hiring him. None of the eight other board members bothered to interview Apotheker. One source told Stewart, "We were just too exhausted from all the infighting." So, they just hired the guy.
    from an old news report, as i cant find the precentral/webosnation front page versions atm.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/hp-board-disaster-2011-9
    Good article by the Chicago Tribune...though I think that the author (and/or perhaps the suite) takes some liberties as to just how much webOS was actually a factor in the downfall of HP. The entire Palm/webOS division accounted for a minimal amount of HP's "personal services" portfolio/group when Leo killed it all. The article (and/or the suite) makes it sound as if webOS played a bigger role in the overall company and its loss in (shareholder) value. While I applaud the effort, and I personally think that had HP invested (significantly more) in webOS that HP could have had at least a modest share of the overall mobile market (10%?) now, proving anything close to that in court is a big leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    dont forget who hired him in the first place tho, they werent exactly carrying a full bag of marbles, remember they didnt even interview or meet him, that includes meg who was also on the board at the time.

from an old news report, as i cant find the precentral/webosnation front page versions atm.
    HP's Board Was Such A Dysfunctional Mess That It Hired Leo Apotheker Without Really Interviewing Him - Business Insider
    Yeah, and all responsible parties can take their share of any penalties. They certainly had the power to recognize Leo's actions were hasty, uninformed and short sighted. At the end of the day, haste and pressure are poor excuses when you're the stewards (board or CEO) of a company employing thousands. The difficulty of the job is why they make the millions and the responsibility is why they need equally serious accountability.

So yeah, it'll be fun to see the witch hunt finally begin. BURN HER, BURN HER!
    I would also like to see CFO lady next to Leo. She took big part in HP downfall, but managed to stay unharmed.
    Good. I bought HP shares at $34.50 right before Touchpad was released. I still have them and I can't sell them!!
    HelloNNNewman, Rnp and xandros9 like this.
    And that other guy, what's his name... Ray Lane?
    geekpeter likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast