Like Tree15Likes
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 3 Post By ToniCipriani
  • 4 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 1 Post By warp drive
  • 3 Post By Mutoidi
  • 3 Post By HelloNNNewman
  1.    #1  
    I knew he had strong ties to these guys from years of dealings... but this is a surprise!

Former Palm CEO Jon Rubinstein joins Qualcomm board of directors

Former Palm CEO Jon Rubinstein joins Qualcomm board of directors | The Verge

... and I love how it's Dieter who posted the story
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/06/2013 at 08:53 PM.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Good... Now release the damn drivers for the Pre 3 so we can port Open to it.
    And/or the Veer :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/06/2013 at 08:52 PM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    I just read this on the verge and was just about to post this lol. I still think someone (Derek) should do a Q & A with him. Find out more about what happened at hp and palm and what he thinks about all of it and webOS today. And what phone he uses today.
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
    interesting.
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    If you own Qualcomm stock sell it FAST!!!!! He ruined PALM and he will ruin Qualcomm!!!!!!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jteply13 View Post
    If you own Qualcomm stock sell it FAST!!!!! He ruined PALM and he will ruin Qualcomm!!!!!!
    Dude... he didn't ruin Palm. Check your history.... Ruby was brought in and moved webOS forward. Leo ruined Palm. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Dude... he didn't ruin Palm. Check your history.... Ruby was brought in and moved webOS forward. Leo ruined Palm. Period.
    Still brings an angry tear to my eye. This didn't HAVE to happen.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by warp drive View Post
    Still brings an angry tear to my eye. This didn't HAVE to happen.

Only from The Ashes, can the Phoenix Arise!!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 05/08/2013 at 02:36 AM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Though, if we're going to be perfectly honest here, Palm was on the brink of ruin before HP stepped in to save the day.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Though, if we're going to be perfectly honest here, Palm was on the brink of ruin before HP stepped in to save the day.
    Palm effectively had a snowball's chance in Hell after the Treo era. Ruby was in charge of a sinking ship that was then shot with half a dozen torpedoes.

As an article on ZDnet said "he's experienced what definitively works (Apple); what might have worked (Palm); and what really didn't work at all (HP)."
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    His role in Qualcomm might be related with his phenomenal presentation of Megahertz Myth. Although it's been years ago, but who knows someone might want to have the same performance boost in smartphone.
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKF9GOE2q38[/YT]
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    True, Palm ran out of runway when it came to finances. But HP came in with deep pockets and a promise. They ousted Hurd (his own fault) who loved webOS, and put in Apotheker who hated anything not having to do with Enterprise. It was Leo who killed off everything in a single move.