Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree389Likes
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Hmmm.... so the C40 part deux HD is out of the question then. Still leaves my ol' Sprint Pre minus/classic getting that promised update.

With all the rug-cutting they're now doing in-house, my money is on the off-off Broadway hit "'HP: The Musical Reality Tragedy". Picture it: Glee meets Chorus Line meets The Real World starring Nathan Lane as Leo Apotheker, Jon Hamm as Hurd, Phillip Seymour Hoffman as Meg, and Ruby as Kathy Lesjak.

"I laffed, I cried,....well I mostly cried. Then I peed a bit"
    Quote Originally Posted by gazaud View Post
    The resurrection of Palm spun off by HP? webOS licensed to Sony? I'd love to see the rebirth of this nifty little OS!
    if sony got webOS its as good as dead, sony is savage in making their devices/os unaccessible to others just like apple, youd have to kiss homebrew goodbye if they ever got their hands on it.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    Here's my worst case scenario:

"Apple, Inc., today announced that they have acquired the WebOS name brand and patents..."
    I doubt they'd do that shortly after signing a $10 million dollar contract to license the patents from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    If Sharon's hinting at what I think she's hinting at, nobody's guessed correctly yet.

A word of advice: dial back your expectations a bit and look into the past...

(and if I might know what I might know, I'm not saying anything about it, so don't ask. :P)
    in other words its probably nothing to be excited about for the average webOS joe user, and just business as usual
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    openwebos website is still down...

But yeah, who knows what this is gonna be. For all we know it could even be a misunderstanding. Remember when ZTE was going to make webOS devices? Turned out to be devices with a 'web OS', not webOS.
    But I do find it weird that the openwebos website is down for hours now.
    Site is not down, just taking an excruciatingly long time to respond to connections.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    maybe Gram will make a public debut?
    Verizon Pre 3. ATT HP Touchpad. Touchstone 2.
    renater and Proximity like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Site is not down, just taking an excruciatingly long time to respond to connections.
    Depends on what you find "excruciatingly long". I've waited for 5 minutes, no response while it usually is loaded within seconds.
    HP Veer 2???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    Vistaus likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Depends on what you find "excruciatingly long". I've waited for 5 minutes, no response while it usually is loaded within seconds.
    That would be at least excruciatingly long.
    On a side note, this is the fastest growing thread in months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    On a side note, this is the fastest growing thread in months.
    didnt several of the front page giveaway posts get loads as well free stuff 4tw.
    It appears to be taking anywhere from many seconds (half a minute or so guessing?) to several minutes to respond.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Incorrect. It's the weekend in Austrailia/Asia before Europe and North America.
    https://www.google.ca/search?q=inter...=1920&bih=1099
    Well then maybe they mean weekend Asia time and the US will get to hear it on Friday
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    Some recent developments to mull over:

-Ray Lane steps down as executive chairman of HP board (a few weeks old now)
    Hewlett-Packard Chairman Ray Lane Resigns - Software - Enterprise

-Lots of work going on in the GITHUB...
    https://github.com/openwebos

Looks like some updates going on relating to graphics possibly? Seeing references to drivers included for ATI and nVidia graphics along with intel integrated (i915 and i965). meta-webos-backports sounds interesting and I think this mesa codeword has something to do with graphics. Maybe open webOS on the PC with better acceleration, or maybe on older devices?

Also of note is it's nice seeing # Copyright (c) 2013 LG Electronics, Inc. in all the recently updated source
    This guy...I like this guy. Excellent post.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    didnt several of the front page giveaway posts get loads as well free stuff 4tw.
    I was not counting those specifically. Yeah free stuff has a way of doing that. Don't know why I bothered - I never win anything. Almost never. I did win a Bluetooth headset during a podcast years ago.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gazaud View Post
    The resurrection of Palm spun off by HP? webOS licensed to Sony? I'd love to see the rebirth of this nifty little OS!
    Hmm, another license deal. That's dialed back a bit, and from the recent past. Unfortunately, you may be onto something...
    Yeah, well, that is up to how you look at it. IMHO that is just 'downtime' (downtime in my eyes is loading >5 minutes)

Edit: looks like I was partially right. According to @webosdev one of the servers is down.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    A webOS, HP printer.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Quote Originally Posted by metro72 View Post
    Hmm, another license deal. That's dialed back a bit, and from the recent past. Unfortunately, you may be onto something...
    In any event it's hard to reconcile "dial back your expectations a bit" with "Something huge is brewing".
    Vistaus likes this.
    If Sharon's hinting at what I think she's hinting at, nobody's guessed correctly yet.

A word of advice: dial back your expectations a bit and look into the past...

(and if I might know what I might know, I'm not saying anything about it, so don't ask. :P)
    If you don't really know and its a guess, then there is no NDA that prohibits an educated guess :-)

So spill them beans lol

Barry

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast