Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree389Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    App developers will get paid $1,000 just to touch their app, $10,000 for updating it...
    I can tell you I'd update all my apps with some new major features.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    If Sharon's hinting at what I think she's hinting at, nobody's guessed correctly yet.

A word of advice: dial back your expectations a bit and look into the past...

(and if I might know what I might know, I'm not saying anything about it, so don't ask. :P)
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Rnp, Vistaus, mattmers and 1 others like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    If Sharon's hinting at what I think she's hinting at, nobody's guessed correctly yet.

(and if I might know what I might know, I'm not saying anything about it, so don't ask. :P)
    WindsorNot giveaway.
    kataran, Rnp, Vistaus and 2 others like this.
    waiting over my touchpad for the breaking news and monitoring her Twitter feed
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I can't tell you, but if I -did- tell you what the difference between 2.2.4 and 2.2.5 (and 3.0.5 and 3.0.6) was, and how much it would actually cost monetarily to update all those things, you'd say "LOL JK NEVER MIND".
    I know the difference between webOS 2.2.4 and webOS 2.2.5... Not much three modules (audio policy manager, luna-universalsearchmgr, and luna-webkit, from here The rare WebOS devices and accessories.), but never seen webOS 3.0.6, so I can not say...

However, if it is the same as webOS 2.2.4 to webOS 2.2.5 then I agree waste of time, but if they in secret have updated all the apps, and fixed all the broken synergy (like LinkedIn), that would be cool.... and an update Cert...

Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    I can tell you I'd update all my apps with some new major features.
    Money always motivates people, I understand, but is there developers out there that do things to support their users just because, not because of Money... I know I am not the normal person out there, but I like the things I create to be the best they can be, and if they are broke, or get broken, or if they do not work right on a device like Pre3 or Touchpad, I would fix it, so it was the best app on that platform?

Again maybe it is just me, but I learned programming a long time ago, when people took pride in the comments in the source code, as once compiled no body is ever going to see, it... But you will know how the code works just by understanding the code, not everyone can program and understand code, some need comments on what that module does, why is it there...
    First things that came to mind from this are the formerly promised webOS 2.x OTA update for first gen hardware, Or, the elusive Sprint Pre3. I would hope to be dialing back expectations too much with either.
    bimmin likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vity Traff View Post
    Project Moonshot, Memristor, some innovations still under development at HP Labs, HP Enterprise Services securing some state contracts lately and a fair cash reserve I wouldn't call HP "done". They are still facing huge challenges but they are not done.
    Dude they are having dancing lessons for employees too "enlighten or open their creative selves" lolz hahahahahaha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    "Back"? Well... lets gonna think... "back"... "back"... Hey!!

Oh, God... Finally... The Treo 650 gonna recieve the webOS???

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I have long since left the webOS train behind (left for iPhone 4 when my 9th 1st gen pre broke)... but I constantly check the webOS world for signs of life. This news has me hoping just hoping there is a spark that might come and bring webOS to phones and tablets once again... I honestly doubt it will ever happen, but if someone could just realize the potential and reignite the webOS fire with some new key apps, OS tweaks, and KILLER hardware I do believe it could come into the market and replace blackberry and even windows phone as a third place OS (although it will take BILLIONS in development and likely hundreds of millions in marketing to make it happen and who would waste their time when they can throw lipstick on a pig and release another android phone for little to no cost)...
    Look into the past? That's all we seem to get to do around here. How far back we talking? 2011? 6 months?
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    I just don't seeing this is going to be that big of a thing. If its not any new devices then what other news about WebOS could be anything big?

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
    MDsmartphone and purplepansy like this.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    Look into the past? That's all we seem to get to do around here. How far back we talking? 2011? 6 months?
    2009 when webOS was introduced... This will be the reintroduction of webOS!
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Another fire sale?
    650p | 755p | Centro | Pre | Pixi | Pre 2 | Pre 3 | 2 Touchpads
    Isandunk, Rnp and xandros9 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmin View Post
    Another fire sale?
    Maybe they've got some old windbreakers and hats they are looking to get rid of, lol.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    brendu and xandros9 like this.
    The resurrection of Palm spun off by HP? webOS licensed to Sony? I'd love to see the rebirth of this nifty little OS!

Dial back your expectation = no new devices

Look into the past = No clue. It could just be this whole #tm13 that's being hyped up...
    purplepansy likes this.
    Well... Let's gonna wait the "otherSOfunnyboys" come back to the forum... Hahahahahaha

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    openwebos website is still down...

But yeah, who knows what this is gonna be. For all we know it could even be a misunderstanding. Remember when ZTE was going to make webOS devices? Turned out to be devices with a 'web OS', not webOS.
    But I do find it weird that the openwebos website is down for hours now.
    Dial back.. Look into the past... It's the webOS watch!!! LOL!
    zukny and metro72 like this.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Well, well, well... if I read or listen the words "coming soon", I'll gonna kill someone!!!

Best Regards...
    Sadly I'd be excited to hear those words if the were in regards to Sprint getting LTE, but I do feel the pain. I caved on my FrakenPre for one of those Galaxy thingies based upon rumor that Cincinnati should see Sprint LTE by end of Q1. Now it's not even being referenced on the "in the coming months" list as a possibility.

My wife would probably kill me, but if they announce a new webOS phone I will throw anything I've got at it, early termination and all. Although I'm sure trying to remove a flexible OLED display for more FrankenPre work would be slightly more advanced than our last Sprint hack.
    mattmers likes this.