Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree389Likes
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I am just thinking ... or ...
    I bet the Phoenix team is joining LG to develop mobile device (phone or tablet) running webOS!

Who knows?
    Some recent developments to mull over:

-Ray Lane steps down as executive chairman of HP board (a few weeks old now)
    Hewlett-Packard Chairman Ray Lane Resigns - Software - Enterprise

-Lots of work going on in the GITHUB...
    https://github.com/openwebos

Looks like some updates going on relating to graphics possibly? Seeing references to drivers included for ATI and nVidia graphics along with intel integrated (i915 and i965). meta-webos-backports sounds interesting and I think this mesa codeword has something to do with graphics. Maybe open webOS on the PC with better acceleration, or maybe on older devices?

Also of note is it's nice seeing # Copyright (c) 2013 LG Electronics, Inc. in all the recently updated source
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Quote Originally Posted by hux View Post
    Further into the twitter conversation, she states: "I signed a contract you will know this weekend".

So this won't be a device and/or software release. She probably signed to do webOS support for some company. Maybe LG.

-OR-

Remember... she is a woman. Maybe she agreed into a wedding proposal? "signed a contract"? You know how women sometimes fall over board...
    She is probably referring to an NDA she signed, and as such, she cannot say much before the weekend.
    FWIW, www.openwebosproject.org seems to be down right now...
    Ok Guys, got it:

"Derek K. opened up his secret stash and bought webOS from LG. He aims to turn webosnation into a company producing webOS hardware. Insider sources told us he contacted long time German friend who had a background ruining Top companies to run the business"
    Vistaus, pcworld, gizmo21 and 4 others like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vity Traff View Post
    Ok Guys, got it:

"Derek K. opened up his secret stash and bought webOS from LG. He aims to turn webosnation into a company producing webOS hardware. Insider sources told us he contacted long time German friend who had a background ruining Top companies to run the business"

edit: I'd love for Kessler to have some big scoop and be the guy with the pipe in this scene.
    "We have top men working on it right now."
    "Who..."
    "Top. Men..."
    Last edited by kevets; 04/25/2013 at 01:02 PM.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    cujoq37 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcerwinske View Post
    FWIW, Open webOS seems to be down right now...
    .....and it's back, without any differences. Rats.
    Meet H-P’s New Chairman: Activist Ralph Whitworth - Deal Journal - WSJ

So is this our guy to help shake things up with webOS again?

Ralph Whitworth has made a career getting seats on boards and making dramatic changes.

.....and it's back, without any differences. Rats.
    It's still down here.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    Meet H-P’s New Chairman: Activist Ralph Whitworth - Deal Journal - WSJ

So is this our guy to help shake things up with webOS again?
    ray lane may have stepped down but hes still part of the system, and considering the backstabbing smiling knife routine he pulled with the amazingly gullable/dumb apothekar id imagine his influence wont vanish overnight and the HP board is still doomed to repeat the destiny of commodore.

my bets its just another token effort to pretent their "shaking things up" to try and recover their ongoing snowballing stocks.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    o.o http://www.openwebosproject.org/ page today had trouble loading will be related to the surprise? : Confundido:
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    ray lane may have stepped down but hes still part of the system, and considering the backstabbing smiling knife routine he pulled with the amazingly gullable/dumb apothekar id imagine his influence wont vanish overnight and the HP board is still doomed to repeat the destiny of commodore.

my bets its just another token effort to pretent their "shaking things up" to try and recover their ongoing snowballing stocks.
    Yeah hp stinks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Breaking: Confirmed. HP unveils the 'Shuffle-Ball-Change'

Hewlett-Packard fights adversity -- through dance?- MSN Money
    Quote Originally Posted by cujoq37 View Post

Yep I already saw that. HP is done. That's it. It's over. They might as well sell out.

ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    cujoq37 likes this.
    What if the certificate issue is to be fixed?, maybe their contracts with all the carriers expire, and at that time HP/Palm can release updated versions of webOS for all devices with the certificate issue fixed?

Ok, I know I am still dreaming....

But with HP around it, they will be dancing the updated webOS 1.4.5.2 for Pre/Pixi/PrePlus/PixiPlus for US, webOS 2.1.3 for PrePlus on O2/SFR/Vodafone and Veer for AT&T and WR, webOS 2.2.6 (skipping the release of webOS 2.2.5 which was leaked via a sold Pre3 on Verizon and AT&T), for Unlocked Pre2/all Pre3 devices, webOS 3.0.6 (which was rumored but never leaked) for Touchpad & Touchpad 4G.

Ok I know I am still dreaming...

App developers will get paid $1,000 just to touch their app, $10,000 for updating it...

Ok now I know I am still dreaming....
    Last edited by John Steffes; 04/25/2013 at 11:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    /me prays its not the webos skin for android followup.
    I wouldn't say that they were working on a "webOS Skin", they were working on making the actual main parts of webOS run in Android. Which is really sort of a different thing entirely, than merely making Android look like webOS.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by shadavis08 View Post
    Yep I already saw that. HP is done. That's it. It's over. They might as well sell out.

Project Moonshot, Memristor, some innovations still under development at HP Labs, HP Enterprise Services securing some state contracts lately and a fair cash reserve I wouldn't call HP "done". They are still facing huge challenges but they are not done.
    Vistaus likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    Some recent developments to mull over:

-Ray Lane steps down as executive chairman of HP board (a few weeks old now)
    Hewlett-Packard Chairman Ray Lane Resigns - Software - Enterprise

-Lots of work going on in the GITHUB...
    https://github.com/openwebos

Looks like some updates going on relating to graphics possibly? Seeing references to drivers included for ATI and nVidia graphics along with intel integrated (i915 and i965). meta-webos-backports sounds interesting and I think this mesa codeword has something to do with graphics. Maybe open webOS on the PC with better acceleration, or maybe on older devices?

Also of note is it's nice seeing # Copyright (c) 2013 LG Electronics, Inc. in all the recently updated source
    Desktop webOS has had some problems with varying different graphics boards, considering that the vast majority of people who worked with it originally all had pretty much identical hardware, so it's exposure rate to other devices was a little low.

Mesa is a requirement to make Qt5 work in qemu.

Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    What if the certificate issue is to be fixed?, maybe their contracts with all the carriers expire, and at that time HP/Palm can release updated versions of webOS for all devices with the certificate issue fixed?

Ok, I know I am still dreaming....

But with HP around it, they will be dancing the updated webOS 1.4.5.2 for Pre/Pixi/PrePlus/PixiPlus for US, webOS 2.1.3 for PrePlus on O2/SFR/Vodafone and Veer for AT&T and WR, webOS 2.2.6 (skipping the release of webOS 2.2.5 which was leaked via a sold Pre3 on Verizon and AT&T), for Unlocked Pre2/all Pre3 devices, webOS 3.0.6 (which was rumored but never leaked) for Touchpad & Touchpad 4G.

Ok I know I am still dreaming...

App developers will get paid $1,000 just to touch their app, $10,000 for updating it...

Ok now I know I am still dreaming....
    I can't tell you, but if I -did- tell you what the difference between 2.2.4 and 2.2.5 (and 3.0.5 and 3.0.6) was, and how much it would actually cost monetarily to update all those things, you'd say "LOL JK NEVER MIND".
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Although were still 2K people down for the petition I believe!!
    And if it's product related please be a GLOBAL worlwide launch not a carrier niche thing
    (because that's what killed Palm for me)
    Quote Originally Posted by cujoq37 View Post

ARE YOU F-ING KIDDING ME? I literally checked twice to make sure that wasn't an Onion article.

HP WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!!!? AGAIN!!!

UPDATE:
    Editor's note: An earlier version of this story mischaracterized the relationship between Hewlett-Packard and the Trey McIntyre Project. The dance troupe has performed at HP's Boise office several times as part of a company event showcasing the area's artistic organizations and charities, but HP has not hired or paid TMP for its creative services. The text of this article has been updated and corrected. CNNMoney regrets the error.
    Dance troupe markets creativity to cube-dwellers - Apr. 23, 2013

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast