Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324
Like Tree389Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Just a detail about patents: "OPEN" webOS gave me the idea that all libraries are open source; in other words, without infring any closed patent...

Best Regards...
    You are correct. OpenwebOS may actually BE patented (I don't know) but this would be to protect it from some naughty corporation taking it and calling it theirs or filing a patent for something similar. I think there is actually a group that patents OSS as protection for development. Android is open source, so you'd think, problem free. But the majority of development is done by Google, so they effectively control it and possibly could take it proprietary if they wanted - hence Tizen.

However, webOS - the closed version - is patented and trademarked. All that Preware is running on a proprietary system and sometimes accessing things that wouldn't be allowed in the official catalogue. This is why it's free and 'at your own risk'. Profiting from a closed source could lead to legal issues. WebOS-Internals concern over capitalisation is to avoid any confusion.

But Preware 2 on OpenwebOS would be a different thing...
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The WebOS Ports team is working closely with LG.

-- Rod
    As others have said, this is more useful and confidence inspiring than the PIC/OM alliance.

This statement made my day.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    g.vos, Rnp, vgg and 5 others like this.
    Wow, did this thread die within 24 hours or what? So much for the big news..

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX, but webOS is always in me...
    JoeDorn likes this.
    this is a pre news thread. There is a new one that is of the actual news and i think further posts should go there about the news. imo
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    Wow, did this thread die within 24 hours or what? So much for the big news..

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX, but webOS is always in me...
    Here is the link where the story continues:
    PIC Kick Starts the TouchPad with Open Mobile ACL
    Thread closed. Please carry on your conversation, in the above link, thanks.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324