Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree389Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by labwizard View Post
    why am i biting my nails,
    it is just a webos news,
    then again why am i refreshing this page every 5 minutes.
    Lmao my F5 key is still hurt from the Webos firesale

Still can just be another compagnie who licence Webos

No need for ACL, what value did it offer to Webos ??
    None,i prefer have a unified UI;coherent Os/hardware not Franken unoptimized Os who can "leak or brick"

but that's just my feeling!!
    Isandunk and mizerable like this.
    I saw her Tweet last night which said to check for something Sunday.

I'm really curious to see what is up with WebOS!

Side note-I did get an iPhone 5 yesterday and have been playing with it. It's pretty nice. I just wish WebOS/Palm had released something with similar quality back in 2009 with the Pre -. Both, hardware and software quality. It feels good in the hand (ie not cheap and plasticky) and the software is very fluid and responsive, with no lag.

I know this has all been discussed 1000x before about all the 'what if's'.

Hope we get some real good news today!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    If LG 'only' announced back-support for 'Legacy' webOS devices - that would " " cover it wouldn't it?

Hehe! Dream On!

I don't get this whole back Support. they aren't that forward in progress over anything you have in your hand. back support is the last thing I care about.

it's new hardware, New Port, New Apps are the only thing that matter these days. Everything else is pointless without gaining your user base.

If LG was smart, They could get webOS to a area where more devs were excited and users by a small investment by getting webOS Ported onto LG Nexus 4. If they do this 1 they don't have to support the phone since its sold with android. 2, they are going to sell more Nexus 4's and could track the interest of webOS and see if it's a good investment to move further into a phone as well a TV.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Onanii View Post
    No need for ACL, what value did it offer to Webos ??
    None,i prefer have a unified UI;coherent Os/hardware not Franken unoptimized Os who can "leak or brick"

but that's just my feeling!!
    us few may be happy with the apps / content we have but a truckload of people left because they specifically wanted those apps. Even if Open webOS was released, nice and quick and fully improved it doesnt amount to much if no-one comes back to use it.

Its not like it will be successfull with us few using it and no-one else.

i cant imagine many left because they hated the OS, i only ever read they wanted the apps.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    Derek has already said that she does have something to say. It's just a matter of what.
    Indeed, Sharon probably does have some news to share. However, as DeadTechnology has already stated, if you're going to promise big, you better deliver big. I'm not so certain that she'll be able to do that. Consider that the only person hyping this "huge" news is the same person that is going to publish an article about it. Even Derek didn't seem that fussed.
    geekpeter likes this.
    it's new hardware, New Port, New Apps are the only thing that matter these days. Everything else is pointless without gaining your user base.
    Agreed.

If LG was smart, They could get webOS to a area where more devs were excited and users by a small investment by getting webOS Ported onto LG Nexus 4. If they do this 1 they don't have to support the phone since its sold with android. 2, they are going to sell more Nexus 4's and could track the interest of webOS and see if it's a good investment to move further into a phone as well a TV.
    I think this might be more complicated than that due to their connections with Google (it is a Google Nexus 4 after all, even if it's made by LG). However at the same time I'd be suprised if no-one from the OWOS team hasn't mentioned this to LG - they're very aware of the community and usually pull strings to help them out, for example the purchase of the server clusters recently for webOS-ports.

(I should say that even though I do contribute to the ports team, the above isn't a hint or any inside knowledge. I know was much as the average webOS fan.)
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    i cant imagine many left because they hated the OS, i only ever read they wanted the apps.
    I'm not sure that's the whole reason - lacklustre hardware, awful adverts generally, buggy software and poor reviews played a big part of that too. Remember the original iPhone had a general dearth of apps (IIRC it didn't have an app store at the start) but it the UI was fast, there wasn't any lag, and the adverts and hardware were spot on.

That foundation must be in place to have a solid user base, and I don't believe it was really there to begin with.
    ACL!
    https://twitter.com/TeckieGirl/statu...94895826345984

PIC Kick Starts the TouchPad with Open Mobile ACL...BOOOM!!!
    "Huge".
    TeckieGirl ‏@TeckieGirl 1m
    PIC Kick Starts the TouchPad with Open Mobile ACL...BOOOM!!!
    There you go, it's official.....but when?

http://scopeland40.wix.com/tech-ni-c...hpad-with-open

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...he-hp-touchpad
    Last edited by sledge007; 04/28/2013 at 08:12 AM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    in the coming months...
    Here we go.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Isandunk View Post
    Agreed.

I think this might be more complicated than that due to their connections with Google (it is a Google Nexus 4 after all, even if it's made by LG). However at the same time I'd be suprised if no-one from the OWOS team hasn't mentioned this to LG - they're very aware of the community and usually pull strings to help them out, for example the purchase of the server clusters recently for webOS-ports.

(I should say that even though I do contribute to the ports team, the above isn't a hint or any inside knowledge. I know was much as the average webOS fan.)

Yes, Sorry, I've said it is other posts as well the same thing, I didn't mean that they do a inside job at all on the port. I meant for it to be fully open by helping Internals and Ports so that they would not have to warranty and fully support it.

Also servers sounds great and I'm sure helped out a lot. but from what I see webOS needs Dev manpower more then anything. I could be wrong though
    Isandunk likes this.
    Well I think it's great news even though I don't have a touchpad. Now you don't need to dual boot to get all the apps you want, so we can hope more people will stick around and appreciate the OS, maybe develop Enyo apps and lobby LG for new hardware.
    Isandunk and marcedhk like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by maninwhitecoat View Post
    in the coming months...
    That fits in with their July 2013 schedule.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Sounds good, but is this just on Touchpad. does Open WebOS run these apps aswell so would be able to get it on phones too?
    In where to donate: D
    Ohh that's nice !!
    Just a suggestion for the PIC guy make a HD/better focus demo video
    35K is reasonable!!
    best of luck!!

@mamisho
    PIC Kickstart

Btw any news on the petition?are we there yet?