Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree389Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmayatt View Post
    Looks like i could be right about ACL then
    Butbutbut... I want my Pre 4 or WindsorYes
    SGS4, that device is gross. worst build quality ever. I don't think I like TeckieGirl's taste
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
    Quote Originally Posted by zackawee27 View Post
    might have something to do with Zenith Electronics (TV company purchased by LG) and Open webOS

this job was posted on the Openwebosproject.org today https://jobs-lgeusa.icims.com/jobs/2164/job
    Am I the only one who thinks it's strange that experience with Touch UX is required? You wouldn't need that for a tv I think? Maybe LG won't make a smartphone running webOS, but maybe Zenith will? Anyway, it's probably just required for adapting webOS' touch centric UI to the tv screen, but I like to keep some hope on new devices ...
    Quote Originally Posted by janthiemen View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks it's strange that experience with Touch UX is required? You wouldn't need that for a tv I think? Maybe LG won't make a smartphone running webOS, but maybe Zenith will? Anyway, it's probably just required for adapting webOS' touch centric UI to the tv screen, but I like to keep some hope on new devices ...
    A smart TV has a "touch" UI as well - except it's not physical touch, but rather the gesture of tapping.

Functionality is similar.
    So anything yet?
    Verizon Pre 3. ATT HP Touchpad. Touchstone 2.
    still waiting
    Uhhh Im both hugely excited but a little wary
    I think its going to be something about ACL and I'm kind of disappointed now.
    ACL? Is that the mobile alliance thing and if it is .....IDC
    barryb20 likes this.
    So if it's an announcement of a jelly bean compatible ACL for open webos. How exciting would that be? What's the best case and worst case, if it is an open mobile announcement? I guess that would be "In the coming months."
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Android compatibility layer?
    I am hoping for
    1.) Palm to revive and start its own company again (sponsored by LG)
    2.) LG to make webOS hardware
    3.) Release Open webOS professional version for OEM's to make their own devices running Open webOS
    not too much to ask for
    Whatever it is ill wait :3
    Quote Originally Posted by zackawee27 View Post
    I am hoping for
    1.) Palm to revive and start its own company again (sponsored by LG)
    2.) LG to make webOS hardware
    3.) Release Open webOS professional version for OEM's to make their own devices running Open webOS
    not too much to ask for
    I'm with you, Zack! I'd LOVE for your hopes to come true! The morale at Palm must be rock bottom now, though (not to mention the remaining talent pool). However, a new "start-up" mentality with the innovative background of Palm and the resources of LG is what I think is needed if WebOS has any chance of becoming meaningful again. (...um wait... this sounds all too familiar...Can anyone say, "HP"?)

Nevertheless, I'll remain hopeful as long as there appears to be any chance at all. WebOS just has SO much to offer, given a decent chance!
    Uhhh......when will this get here
    Fun fact about today.

1. Huge WebOs news.
    2. HP Slate goes on sale.
    3. Ubuntu was updated to 13.04
    4. Galaxy S4 now available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventus221 View Post
    Android compatibility layer?
    I don't understand what the attraction to that would be. Just get an Android phone.

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    I don't understand what the attraction to that would be. Just get an Android phone.

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
    webOS is a much better interface. Android is a much better app catalog. It's a match made in heaven.
    geekpeter likes this.
    At this point the wait kinda sucks..... I almost wish people would keep any news about "big news" to themselves until they are able to actually announce whatever the "big news" is....

In reality unless it is an announcement about some new phone opportunity (new phone hardware or being able to run webOS on an existing Android phone) nothing in my life changes.....I continue holding on to my pixi as long as possible....
    Last edited by Atif; 04/27/2013 at 09:34 PM.
    Join date: 07/22/2003 (Going to hold on to my Pixi Pre 3 as long as I can!)
    purplepansy and Grabber5.0 like this.
    Well, this is going about as well as every other Open Mobile announcement so far. Forever vaporware. Might have mattered if it was in our hands two years ago, but now? I just don't know.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html